IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Prehistoric beast in a nuclear age

RSS Bot

That's what I am. I went to help my dad with getting a new TV. Turns out, the TV manufacturers are getting rid of the place where you plug in the antenna from the cable. How are you supposed to have cable if you can't plug in the cable that comes up from the floor? Also, I saw a stand about high-definition or something DVD movies. Apparently if you're supposed to stream everything, why bother? Best Buy is getting rid of CDs.

So what are seniors like my dad supposed to do? Figure out how to stream stuff onto their TV? I don't think so. We were there for half an hour while they were explaining to my dad how VCRs and even DVD players are being phased out. This sucks royally. I like to flip through the channels and stumble upon stuff. That's how I discover shows I like. Call me old-fashioned. How am I supposed to watch a basketball game or watch local news? I can't stream stuff going on live, can I?

This is all so confusing. Says a guy who is working on a game for a video game console that came out in 1978.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14581-prehistoric-beast-in-a-nuclear-age/