IGNORED

Robotron Arcade Controller Spacing Needed!

SoundGammon

A while back I was looking for the exact same information because I was building a Robotron control panel for my MAME cabinet. I was a bit surprised at how difficult it was to find a definitive answer. I assumed a simple Google search would put it to rest in minutes, but that wasn't the case at all. Same thing for when I was trying to find the measurements for the arcade Asteroids button layout.

I can't remember exactly what I based it on, but I ended up going with a 10" center-to-center spacing on the Robotron panel, and I think it's just right. If it's off by a little bit compared to the original, it sure isn't noticeable.

Are you planning to fortify that table somehow? If you don't, it's going to wobble and flop around like crazy on a frantic and twitchy game like Robotron.

Let me know if you still need the Asteroids measurements. ;)

Ha, thanks dude, but that ship has sailed.

I suppose I should have posted a thread at the time, but the die is cast.

What makes it more annoying is that the measurements I ended up using were off by a fair bit. Oh well, what's done is done.

At least it looks like I got the right measurement for Robotron. :D