What is this music I am working on?

chiptune coleco commando music soundfx rom

32 replies to this topic

#26 digress ONLINE  

digress

Stargunner

• 1,118 posts

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:51 AM

here are 3 rough examples NOT cleaned up of f18a graphics. These are legal 256x192 using max 256 tiles screens for the colecovision commando with f18a graphics. I used some f18a sprites I had previously created just to show colourful ness of the sprite possibilities.

these are commando sprite but just for example

coleco f18a test003
coleco f18a test002
coleco f18a test001

#27 newcoleco OFFLINE  

newcoleco

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,328 posts
  • Always Tired

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:32 PM

Dear ColecoVision friends,

I'm happy the music and sounds I've composed made you dream and very enthusiast.

By my own fault of sharing freely what I do, I've caused a hype.

That hype is now amplified and I don't know what to do about it.

These f18a graphics look too good to be true, but I trust your word.

All I imagined so far to be possible CV graphics for this game is no way near what is shared here.

I've never said I would make this a game project but I was tempted to do a prototype.

I'm having anxiety by fear to disappoint due to the expectation; why I've done this to myself?

I see only one solution for my sanity and it's to do whatever I want but in secret, most probably a different game.

To everyone: Use my sound files if you want, just think of me when you do.

To Gerry: It's not your fault, and thanks for sharing. You have a good idea about how to code it. I wish you good luck.

Best regards,

NewColeco

here are 3 rough examples NOT cleaned up of f18a graphics. These are legal 256x192 using max 256 tiles screens for the colecovision commando with f18a graphics. I used some f18a sprites I had previously created just to show colourful ness of the sprite possibilities.

these are commando sprite but just for example

I encourage you to give it a try 

#28 digress ONLINE  

digress

Stargunner

• 1,118 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 PM

Sorry. I was just showing some suggestions. I don't typically make direct ports. I like doing my own variation on things but your music sounded so good that I was considering making it.

#29 chart45 ONLINE  

chart45

Dragonstomper

• 816 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:44 PM

Sorry. I was just showing some suggestions. I don't typically make direct ports. I like doing my own variation on things but your music sounded so good that I was considering making it.

DO IT DO IT please

#30 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,657 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:26 PM

bfg.passion did start on a Commando port but didn't finish it. He did post it http://atariage.com/...u/#entry2776786 with his other ROMs.

#31 digress ONLINE  

digress

Stargunner

• 1,118 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 PM

Hey. If anyone wants we should discuss commando in a separayte thread. I didn't mean to highjack this thread with my post. Not saying i'm doing this just though it was interesting to see if colecovision could do it which I feel confident it could. I'll just start a thread.

Edited by digress, Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 PM.

#32 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,657 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:25 AM

Dear ColecoVision friends,

I'm happy the music and sounds I've composed made you dream and very enthusiast.

By my own fault of sharing freely what I do, I've caused a hype.

That hype is now amplified and I don't know what to do about it.

These f18a graphics look too good to be true, but I trust your word.

All I imagined so far to be possible CV graphics for this game is no way near what is shared here.

I've never said I would make this a game project but I was tempted to do a prototype.

I'm having anxiety by fear to disappoint due to the expectation; why I've done this to myself?

I think it's good to share anything on the forums. I did post my Colecovision ROM mock-up before and made it clear that I'm not interested making a game.  People have PM me and I did explain that they were only mock-up.  I think the people were really confused when I posted 2 projects I did making a SCUMM and Sierra mouse engine.  I was thinking maybe that would inspire people to make a game for the Colecovision.  And I do need to get around building an adventure game eventually. 

Making a game is a long time consuming project, so I understand.  I also have to redraw the graphic with ICVGM or CV SPRITE to get the best result.  Even if someone give me a sprite sheet and background sheet, I'll draw it in those tool.  Spunky's Title screen took about 5 hours to make 2 sheets of tiles for example.

I do appreciate you sharing a lot and it got me to learn how to program in C and get a better understanding how programming works. 

I share to see what the people's reception of the game/project and I do want people to play the game and give feedback like the Atari and Intellivision side. I do find it hard to get feedback, since my games aren't from the arcade or well-known port.  I do appreciate the community though.

And it's really nice seeing you back on the forums.  :)

Kiwi 

#33 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 3,034 posts

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:12 PM

I have converted the music to the TI-99/4A:

http://atariage.com/...c/#entry4015716

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chiptune, coleco, commando, music, soundfx, rom

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users