IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 8 ~ Bronze Medal Pick

Vocelli

Am I the only one here who finds this game absurdly difficult, or have my Atari playing skills massively deteriorated with age? Either way, here's my final attempt.

Dark Cavern: 44000

I found it really difficult at first, then I figured out there are places where you can sit and basically snipe them as they go by (you only need move a little to dodge their shots).

• Like 1

Dark Cavern AB: 36,000

For Bonus: Dig Dug. I'm a geologist, so every now and then I do some digging. Sometimes I'm even underground. However, I must admit that I rarely meet creatures I have to pump up till they explode. I hope this little detail doesn't disqualify my choice :-).

post-34656-0-93487600-1520488649_thumb.png

post-34656-0-09290600-1520488673.png

• Like 4

I work in IT for the State of California. I have been building computers since I was 9 years old. Fun fact: next off the "stack" is that my wife and I are having a baby...but I couldn't find an Atari game about pregnancy.

post-62832-0-76399900-1520489438.jpg

Edited by Novastar
  • Like 2

So what is the purpose of the right difficulty switch?

I read the manual at Atarimania.com. According to the manual, the LEFT DIFFICULTY switch has some effect (yellow robot appears at the beggining on A/Expert mode).

Since the manual didn't specify anything about the Right Difficulty switch function, assume that Right Difficulty has NO EFFECT for Dark Cavern, so A or B is ALLOWED.

Also I took a note from Atarimania: "Although it’s not specified in the manual, either joystick (left or right) can be used to play."

• Like 1

post-34560-0-24433500-1520618058_thumb.jpg

I keep getting screwed by running out of bullets. Have to work on killing multiple robots with a single shot I guess.

@NIKON -- there's always Stellar Track !

@Novastar -- too bad Ms. Pac-Man doesn't have the cutscene with the stork bringing Jr. !

• Like 1

I'm still getting better at this game. :ponder: :)

Tips for the interested:

When the gun appears use your best Pacman skills and go get it. Even if you lose a guy, get the gun when you can A lost guy can be replaced by shooting a yellow robot, but any bullets that you miss are gone forever.

When you do lose a guy, don't rush to leave the house. The robots still shoot at you in the house and will knock out each other and the white stuff (the spider and the whirlwind.) The robots regenerate right away, but the white stuff won't be back until you leave the house.

Save your bullets by not shooting the white stuff by itself unless absolutely necessary. Try to time your shot at a robot so that it hits the white stuff with the same bullet.

Play most of the game in the 'L's to the right and left of the house. When a robot enters the long straightaway above the house, shoot the robot, move up to dodge the bullet, and move back down to the "L". Repeat. Even when a robot comes onto the straightaway level through the entrance closest to the "L", there is still time to shoot the robot and dodge the shot.

post-26187-0-66486000-1520633954_thumb.jpg

• Like 3