IGNORED

WiModem232 is fantastic!

eightbit

https://www.cbmstuff.com/proddetail.php?prod=WiModem232

It is out of stock now, but it was luckily in stock a few weeks ago when I ordered it. It arrived about a week or so ago but I was waiting on a case for it before I started playing with it. The case arrived yesterday and I gave it a whirl today. I hit Aminet as usual and downloaded a handful of terminal applications. I tried a few and found that "Term" best suited my needs in terms of options and flexibility.

Connection to the router could not be simpler. Push the WPS button on the router and send the WPS command in terminal. Done. You can manually set up the connection as well, but this was stupidly easy.

Then I updated the firmware which can be done with an AT command. And then I connected to half a dozen telnet BBS's and I felt like I was 15 again.

This device is just absolutely awesome. Can be used with any computer with an RS-232 connection and works great. I opted for the non-LCD version as I am using it with an Amiga 2000 and its kind of pointless to me to have a digital readout screen in the back of the machine. It still provides a multi-colored led that informs me of the current status and was cheaper than the led model...so thats cool.

Anyone else own this fantastic device?

I need to try mine out... some computers require an adapter... wish there was a computer connection cheat sheet available for it. :-)

Well, it will fit by default in any old PC with a 25 pin serial port and if you only have a 9 pin that adapter is easy to get. On the Amiga it fits right in as well. But, for things like the C64 yeah...you need something :)

I only plan on using it with my A2000 so I am good there. It also needed a mini USB cable to power it...which are not as common nowadays as microUSB which is on everything. I am glad they used it though as the connection is more robust than microUSB.