IGNORED

Star Wars Millennium Falcon: Asteroid Assault (New Game near completion)

Iwantgames:)

So I already posted this to the Facebook group but figured I may as well post here too.

I was gonna wait till it was completed but just couldnt help myself lol. Anyways all it needs is to get the difficulty set, right now its way to easy lol. Anyways Im hoping to have it finished up in the next couple weeks :)

• Like 9

Sweet work, brother... will speed increase by level? I feel like some wicked fast asteroids would be fun to navigate. :D

With the compiler, your collision detection should be pretty fast too, so you wont have quite the lag that XB has inherently.

Yea as your score increases the Asteroids will speed up (this is what I still have to implement, right now they stay the same) I’m also thinking of speeding the falcon up a bit, I slowed her down as she was going super speed but now I think she’s abit too slow :P

Oh this looks cool. Might I suggest a way to implement the asteroids increasing in speed per level?

An easy way (for me) to do that would be to have a little DIM'd array like this in my example;

100 DIM AS(6) ! < this is assuming we have six levels, AS stands for Asteroid Speed

110 FOR Q=1 TO 6 :: READ Z :: AS(Q)=Z :: NEXT Q

120 DATA 8,10,12,14,16,18

130 LEV=0

140 ! TITLE SCREEN GOES HERE

150 ! PRESS START

160 LEV=LEV+1 ! < each time the LEV increments by one, knocking up the ticker for the AS variable

165 IF LEV=7 THEN ......... (goto the routine for game won)

170 CALL SPRITE(#X,100,12,1,1,AS(LEV),0)

You also could have asteroids a certain colour per level using the same technique to store color values.

Course, you might have your own way of implementing this and it not be remotely like my example. ;)
I'll look forward to seeing what you do with this game.

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 2

Oh this looks cool. Might I suggest a way to implement the asteroids increasing in speed per level?

An easy way (for me) to do that would be to have a little DIM'd array like this in my example;

100 DIM AS(6) ! < this is assuming we have six levels, AS stands for Asteroid Speed

110 FOR Q=1 TO 6 :: READ Z :: AS(Q)=Z :: NEXT Q

120 DATA 8,10,12,14,16,18

130 LEV=0

140 ! TITLE SCREEN GOES HERE

150 ! PRESS START

160 LEV=LEV+1 ! < each time the LEV increments by one, knocking up the ticker for the AS variable

165 IF LEV=7 THEN ......... (goto the routine for game won)

170 CALL SPRITE(#X,100,12,1,1,AS(LEV),0)

You also could have asteroids a certain colour per level using the same technique to store color values.

Course, you might have your own way of implementing this and it not be remotely like my example. ;)

I'll look forward to seeing what you do with this game.

Well there’s no real “levels” it’s just one continuous and no ending unless you die, just survive as long as you can as the asteroids continue to advance at increasing speed and changing patterns until you have to be pretty quick to survive.

• Like 1

What no Exogorth holes to hide in to avoid the Empire?

What's bad is I actually knew what this space slug was called!

Lol I always just called it the space worm, but no worm holes. Basically I got the idea for this game after playing Astrododge on the Odyssey 2 and thought it would make a fun TI game and added a Star Wars theme

• Like 1

When I read the C3PO quote when the game starts, I thought that after you navigated through the first asteroid field, you'd be greeted with Han's response to that: NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS and then continue with increased difficulty with the next 3719 asteroid fields and should you make it through all of those, you get a ridiculous victory screen. Regardless, looks great!

Edited by majestyx

When I read the C3PO quote when the game starts, I thought that after you navigated through the first asteroid field, you'd be greeted with Han's response to that: NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS and then continue with increased difficulty with the next 3719 asteroid fields and should you make it through all of those, you get a ridiculous victory screen. Regardless, looks great!

Haha Hans quote is on one of the game over screens if you get a better score. Weekdays I dont get a lot of time to work on it but hopefully this weekend Ill get it closer to being finished :)

• Like 2