IGNORED

Tempest 2000 Soundtrack Question

samson7point1

There was talk about putting CD audio "hooks" into Defender 2000, but I don't think anything like that was in the much-earlier Tempest 2000.

There's a hidden option for spinner control, though.

This spinner option? I'm all in.

2d569682a7d0279b969dacbcf1bbdbe5--denims

• Like 1

The only console game I've ever seen do this is Pier Solar for the Genesis with OST in Sega CD. Cart can work in conjunction with CD utilize the music on it IIRC.

Funny enough, when I first saw the Sega CD as a kid, I thought this is what it was going to be used for (simultaneously with a cart).

Lots of PC games would place the data on the HDD and stream music off the CD so I guess that's where I "got the idea" from.

Edited by Jagosaurus

Another T2K soundtrack related question: Is someone able to scan all the pages of the T2K Soundtrack CD (main insert front, back, inside, and the back page with the tracklisting) at the most ridiculously highest possible resolution and colour depth your scanner can do and upload them here?

WHYYYY?:
- Yes I know there are scans on the web but they're mostly pretty poor quality.

- Yes I have two boxed Jag CDs ;), but my original copy was stolen from my car about 20 years ago.

- The recent Jag CD I picked up from a friend was sans the T2K CD because he's as big a Llamasoft / Minter fan as me, so he kept it.

- Yes I know there are T2K CD 'DVD covers' done by fans on the web at high res (and they are beautiful) but the source material doesn't seem to be particularly high res.
- I'd be happy to purchase a copy off eBay but shipping to AU from the US or UK is a killer :( I eventually will get one again.

I have access to a couple of really high quality printers at work and would love to print an A3(ish) size poster print of some of the cover art as posters for my new (upcoming) games room. I'm sure I'll have to do a bit of editing due to the small size of the source material, but with a decent scan there'll be a hell of a lot less editing than using what's currently online and having my T2K box(es) as reference material...my eyes are squinting at the mere thought of going back and forth between the physical and digital versions, never mind the time difference as I'm generally quite proficient but slow at decent editing work in Photoshop. ;)

Thanks in advance :D

Edited by skip
  • Like 1

Another T2K soundtrack related question: Is someone able to scan all the pages of the T2K Soundtrack CD (main insert front, back, inside, and the back page with the tracklisting) at the most ridiculously highest possible resolution and colour depth your scanner can do and upload them here?

Bump - anyone willing to scan their T2K inserts...or sell me an official complete copy of the CD? :D

I'd buy one now, but shipping to AU from US on eBay for a *single CD* or game seems to be around the $25US mark...hopefully there are other cheaper options fingers crossed.

I'd love to get you a scan, but I've ripped all my music to digital and my original CDs are hard to reach ...I'll be attempting a basement clean-out next month and will try to remember you.

The low-res scans online (including at this site) aren't terrible; the art on that disk isn't exactly amazing to look at.

Bump - anyone willing to scan their T2K inserts...or sell me an official complete copy of the CD? :D

I'd buy one now, but shipping to AU from US on eBay for a *single CD* or game seems to be around the $25US mark...hopefully there are other cheaper options fingers crossed.

Give me a day or two - I can provide scans up to 1200DPI. I would also think that this is WAY overkill. Let me know, I'll try to get this done on my lunch break tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yes, that's a pretty girl, ha ha. If she looked like that in 1994, I doubt she's be the same today.

Another question about the Tempest 2000 soundtrack: what are they saying at 0:58 of the track called Thermal Resolution? Sounds like, "fuck fuck f-fuck this."

I'll be damned, that's all I can hear now.
  • Like 3

Thanks very much Stephen. Appreciate the overkill :)

Well, slight problem. CD is currently MIA. I am really hoping it's in my Sony 400 disc changer. I'm scanning the CD inserts now.

EDIT:

2nd problem. Do you really want 1200DPI scans? Each side of the CD insert will be 192MB. This seems excessive. I certainly can't host a file of this size (let alone 3 or 4) here. Where can I even upload a file this large?

• Like 1

Thanks for that. :) I'll take some shots when I get them printed and put on the wall in the new games room (only getting plans drawn up now, so who knows how long it'll take to get approved and built haha).

Edited by skip
  • Like 1