Photo

Interest in Analmux POKEY music tribute album?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Fragmare OFFLINE  

Fragmare

Chopper Commander

• 211 posts

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:17 PM

I was thinking that maybe some of the Atari chip musicians here on AA might want to team up and create a POKEY album in tribute to the late, great Analmux. It could be cover music, vgm, or original, with the common theme being inspiration from Analmux's work. When it's finished, perhaps it could be hosted on Bandcamp, with all proceeds going to cancer research, or something... just an idea.

Thoughts?

#2 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 4,027 posts

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2018 5:45 PM

You just made me well up with emotion, my eyes are full, and yet my heart feels somewhat lighter!

I think there are at least 7 somewhat active members making some really good sounds right now. (You know who you are). I bet you could turn out quite the album.. 7 songs with 3 bonus tracks, ending powerful and building majestically in the last track...

#3 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

River Patroller

• 4,811 posts

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2018 6:20 PM

I was thinking that maybe some of the Atari chip musicians here on AA might want to team up and create a POKEY album in tribute to the late, great Analmux. It could be cover music, vgm, or original, with the common theme being inspiration from Analmux's work. When it's finished, perhaps it could be hosted on Bandcamp, with all proceeds going to cancer research, or something... just an idea.

Thoughts?

I think it's a great idea. I had actually been thinking before that it would be a cool thing to do, especially after hearing PG's Sonic rendition and seeing all the NES tunes that were being done by yourself and dippy. It would also be good to clue his family into anything that gets done.

I guess my first thought is that Analmux really liked SMB3 (and most likely the other SMB games too) and Sonic; so I'd focus on those two and maybe some of the 70's prog rock he was interested in (King Crimson, etc.).

Edited by MrFish, Tue Mar 6, 2018 6:28 PM.

#4 abbotkinneydude OFFLINE  

abbotkinneydude

Chopper Commander

• 110 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 4:51 PM

YES + Also will share the double GTIA upgrade plans Analmux sent me a decade ago.

#5 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

River Patroller

• 4,811 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 5:10 PM

YES + Also will share the double GTIA upgrade plans Analmux sent me a decade ago.

I'd almost forgotten about that. Cool idea, although I guess he wasn't the originator or it.

#6 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 7,010 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:09 PM

I'd almost forgotten about that. Cool idea, although I guess he wasn't the originator or it.

Pretty sure this was a Bob Wooley invention.

#7 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

River Patroller

• 4,811 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:58 PM

Pretty sure this was a Bob Wooley invention.

That's what I had in mind too. I thought it was only ever prototyped, though. Seems I recall there were some difficulties.

These days, with whats being done to emulate GTIA, I'd think dual GTIA's might be one of the next logical steps -- if there aren't to many roadblocks.

#8 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

River Patroller

• 4,811 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:09 PM

Actually, here's the thread/poll that Analmux started: Better graphics - Hardware upgrade development

And in the same thread, here's where Bob chimes in (6 years later, that is) to show what he's already developed: Dual ANTIC/GTIA Hack

Edited by MrFish, Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:10 PM.

#9 Fragmare OFFLINE  

Fragmare

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 211 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:38 PM

Some of the guys on the AtariChiptunes discord are also interested.  I was thinking I could probably do SMB3 Ending Theme and maybe try to make something using his Instrumentarium instrumentation too.  I think I've got the custom version of RMT used for that somewhere around here...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users