IGNORED

Another Mod to my Apple IIe Platinum

c0op3r

I saw a post on out local Retro Computer Fb Page and I got an idea. Power supply voltage monitor LEDs. It does nothing for performance but it is really cool for the "Bling Factor".

The machine as it is setup:

ReactiveMicro Power Supply (in original case, its a kit they sell to replace the old internals with a new modern unit)

Added the -12vDC. +12vDC -5vDC & +5vDC LEDs (I might add an Amp meter also later)

Ramworks III card with 1meg and a A2Heaven VGA Daughter board.

Uthernet II Ethernet adapter

Slot 3 open - it is emulate HD from the CFFA

A2Heaven FastChip//e (with the display and controls mounted in the lid)

A2Heaven Mockingboard CLone with Vacuum Tubes (for the audiophile experience)

CFFA card - USB routed to the rear of the machine, and 16GB (way over kill) CF Card for HD phantom (slot 3) Controlls mounted in lid

Vtech Floppy Controller (this will handle 5.25 and 3.5 drives) Neat thing if you dont put a disk in the drive the machine will just boot from CFFA in slot 5

A2Heaven Memory expansion card with bootable ROM (this is more than likely going to be removed soon as its not being used right now).

A No Slot Clock

and a ZIF socket for the processor - I did this so I can install a Rocket Chip or ZipChip if I want to.

This is a very late model with a production date of 23rd week 1993 (so very near the end).

I will post more picture of it setup this weeked as we are having a small RetroComputer Meet.

post-48590-0-46661800-1520387492_thumb.jpg

post-48590-0-90577200-1520387499_thumb.jpg

post-48590-0-84880800-1520387504_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Great work. You have some serious cutting skills. I have done many a mod in my day, but I have to say I would be scared sh*tless to cut up the case on my only IIe in fear of screwing it up :)

Ohh, for the USB routing, what did you use? What cable exactly and how did you pull it off? I'd love to do that to my IIe and IIgs as opposed to having a USB extension cable coming out of the back of the machine...

Edited by eightbit

files and sandpaper help a lot, but it still takes some skill or machinery to do clean holes that large

I cant speak for the op, but usb A male to usb A female with panel mounting tabs are not uncommon

https://www.google.com/search?q=panel+mount+usb+connector&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjNhbWYqdnZAhXK21MKHSodB4UQ_AUICygC&biw=1440&bih=794

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...