IGNORED

HSC Season 15 Round 4: JumpMan Jr

Here's a video of my run on Figurit's Revenge on speed 3. I know it's not the most optimal route and I did hiccup once or twice, but I do manage to get 1000 bonus on the timer. This route works for me.

That's a cheeky little move jumping off the rope to get the one under the ladder :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jumpman Jr - 9650 pts, reached level 5.

While I had watched Deteacher's and RedThunder's demonstrations how to take on that level, I was much too tired to follow their respective patterns so I just rambled across on my last life, hoping to catch as many points as possible.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

RT's diagram is still taking two high risks - getting "6" from right to left and landing on the rope and leaving "4" until last is much safer. Also to do "11" "12" and "13" in order just stand on the left of each plaform and jump right keeping fire held so you jump straight off the rope :-D

I've been busy with my abbuc game but will checkout those new levels at the weekend :thumbsup:

[so far played Welcome Back, Dk Jr, Kong levels]

Reminder this round ends Sunday 10PM UK time

Vote in the Round 5 POLL :)

• Like 1

Congratulations to Deteacher for winning the round with an impressive score, perhaps NTSC paid off here for a change and helped with that or maybe he just knew the best ways to go ;) Dope and RedThunder also completed speed 3 and RedThunder completed speed 2 (on PAL).

I could have done with a few more days but we'll move on and have more time on this game in the catch-up round later in the season. It's probably too hard on level 5 for most people to enjoy in a short time but still a good game with some interesting features. I think we will go for Speed 4 next time :ponder:

If anyone does create screens for the Jumpman Level Design project then you will pick up more HSC points for them :)

Final Table

Jumpman Jr (speed 3)
1st Deteacher 35,725 12pts* :thumbsup:
2nd Dope 27,750 11pts*
3rd RedThunder 24,750 10pts*
4th therealbountybob 20,300 9pts
5th graywest 19,375 8pts
6th McKong 14,425 7pts

7th ballyalley 10,575 6pts
8th Sleepy 10,200 5pts
9th carlsson 9,650 4pts
10th Gury 5,550 3pts
11th jblenkle 4,100 2pts
12th Sikor 2,750 2pts
* Speed 3 completed - I've used the scores from the end screen for the table, not for any additional levels (I hope)

Speed 2
1st RedThunder 28,975 completed (PAL) 3pts

Speed 1
1st Dope 12,100 1pt

2nd RedThunder
Bonus

RedThunder 4pts for 2 new levels created :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Sorry I missed this. I've checked in a couple of times and meant to submit a score but events kept getting in the way. I'm working on Omnivore v2.0 (first preview release still a couple of months away) which runs on Mac/Win/Linux and will have the atari800 emulator built-in so you can test levels as you create them. I'm also working on a debugger that is tuned to Jumpman custom code so you can more easily add assembly code to your levels. :-D

• Like 2

Sorry I missed this. I've checked in a couple of times and meant to submit a score but events kept getting in the way. I'm working on Omnivore v2.0 (first preview release still a couple of months away) which runs on Mac/Win/Linux and will have the atari800 emulator built-in so you can test levels as you create them. I'm also working on a debugger that is tuned to Jumpman custom code so you can more easily add assembly code to your levels. :-D

Cool.

Another round using levels only made in Omivore 2 ?

Bit like we did with Rally Speedway.

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

It's all down to time, I would love to see a new Jumpman game with a new set of levels :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

post-19705-0-44542300-1521653963.jpgpost-19705-0-43132200-1521653973.jpg

I'm flat out with my abbuc game programming ;)

The game has good mechanics, In hindsight my Gwobby Strikes Back! (Turbo BASIC) Uses similar dynamics but I never developed it further as I intended - I wanted screens to load in from disk, the similar PF detection for allowing movement meant he could walk up slopes / move aroud more freely.