15 replies to this topic

#1 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• 2,436 posts
  • A ROM image is no way to live.

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:14 PM

https://www.ebay.com...tEAAOSwCtJZ~rtj

I saw this looking around tonight. This is certainly worth a watch if you are a classic gaming collector, maybe worth a buy if you got that kind of cheese!

Something to discuss, 25k for the complete collection in one shot, worth it? I'm sure that's a discount, I think I would rather hunt the games. 

#2 Grig ONLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 3,115 posts
  • Laugh while you can, monkey boy!

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:25 PM

interesting ...

#3 King_Salamon OFFLINE  

King_Salamon

River Patroller

• 2,353 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:33 PM

I remember being at a video game store while on vacation and seeing sealed copies of the Panesian games for $69.99 Canadian each... I passed on them.  Now they sell for ridiculous amounts of money.  Ah well... at least I picked up a pile of good NES games that day complete in the box like Dragon Warrior III and IV and Mega Man 1 to 6.  Ahh the good ol' days.  lol

#4 krslam OFFLINE  

krslam

Dragonstomper

• 520 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:37 PM

Gamevaluenow says ~$33k for a complete loose set, minus ~$15k for the reproductions, then add some back in for the extra variants and boxed games, and you come up with a number a little short of the 25k asking price. So, not really a bargain but not a bad deal either. You'd still need to spend a BIG chunk of money to replace the repros if you really want a complete set.

Guess I'll pass.

#5 Blazing Lazers OFFLINE  

Blazing Lazers

Stargunner

• 1,441 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 10:14 PM

That much and they can't be bothered to include a real Stadium Events, even loose?

#6 high voltage OFFLINE  

high voltage

Quadrunner

• 6,521 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 6:49 AM

For that amount I'd also expect the boxes and instructions, I mean really, not even instructions? He mentions 'a few games cib', like what 30 games perhaps? $1000 max for that lot

Edited by high voltage, Thu Mar 8, 2018 6:54 AM.

#7 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• 17,640 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 7:51 AM

For that amount I'd also expect the boxes and instructions, I mean really, not even instructions? He mentions 'a few games cib', like what 30 games perhaps? $1000 max for that lot

$1000 max? You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. Saying something like that really makes you look foolish and out of touch.

#8 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 4,276 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 10:46 AM

The 25k price probably really isn't that bad.  Imagine what you'd pay individually as time went along especially compounding shipping each one of them possibly indivdually around $3-4 a piece on that for most in bubble bags, a little more for a box on the spendier stuff.  The 25k here rolls up having all that boxed up and mailed into the cost which with the size and weight I can only guess what that would rate at.

#9 GoldenWheels OFFLINE  

GoldenWheels

Stargunner

• 1,643 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 10:48 AM

Thank god I was never crazy enough to want a complete NES Set.

#10 Captain_Combat OFFLINE  

Captain_Combat

Moonsweeper

• 298 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 11:31 AM

I would says it's at least worth 10k plus

#11 icemanxp300 OFFLINE  

icemanxp300

River Patroller

• 4,455 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:03 PM

I would says it's at least worth 10k plus

It's worth more than $10,000. You can't even get an nes game these days for less than $5. Little Samson alone sells for $1000.

Just the one pic w/Little Samson in it those 30 games are worth $7,000. Then you still have another 770 games or so.

I would say this lot is worth at least $20,000

#12 Captain_Combat OFFLINE  

Captain_Combat

Moonsweeper

• 298 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:28 PM

It's worth more than $10,000. You can't even get an nes game these days for less than $5. Little Samson alone sells for $1000.

Just the one pic w/Little Samson in it those 30 games are worth $7,000. Then you still have another 770 games or so.

I would say this lot is worth at least $20,000

Your probably right I didn't take a close look at this plus I have not been following Nintendo values. So the low appraisal here was 1k, me at 10k plus and you at 20k lol.

#13 Grig ONLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 3,115 posts
  • Laugh while you can, monkey boy!

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 7:50 PM

the auction says OBO and free shipping so someone may get a bit of a deal

#14 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 34,000 posts
  • I am the one who knocks!

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 7:57 PM

Uh, not CIB.  No.

#15 high voltage OFFLINE  

high voltage

Quadrunner

• 6,521 posts

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:04 AM

$1000 max? You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. Saying something like that really makes you look foolish and out of touch.

You're right, $500 max

#16 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• 17,640 posts

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:31 AM

You're right, $500 max

Seeing as multiple individual games in that set go for much more than that daily you have now twice confirmed you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Why even post such non-sense? If your second posting was to try and save face with some humor or something you really missed the mark. Less is more for you in this case. Accept you are clueless in the matter and move on. You can only make yourself look worse at this point.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users