IGNORED

Mint Atari 800 photos

Sugarland

Yes it's a real dilemma. What about using UV Archival varnish spray? I just sprayed some of the satin on a non working (no chips work it seems) 600XL as a preliminary run. It seems fine. I remember FJC recommended it in one of his vids. He suggested satin iirc.

Too late for my old 800, apart from being stored away its already turned to the Orange Side, for the display of the 800 in a museum, yeah that should work...

Another joy of emulators, they never go orange or burst in to flames :)

But we all love the real hardware too....Those pics just take me back to the day when I got mine...800's all over our shop and all in mint condition...Good times...

• Like 1

It's nice to see that there are still some pristine machines out there. Although I have several XLs and XEs stored away, I'd quite like to find a NOS 600XL and install U1MB and VBXE to use as a daily machine. It would be more managable space wise than my modified XE which is also currently boxed away.

• Like 1

I have yet to find a silver label Atari Basic. Odd its in the box of an 800.

Thanks for pointing that out. The cartridge has a C sticker on it so it must be a rev. c from 1985? So the machine was made in May of 83 but is paired with a basic cartridge from two+ years later. Since the machine is not used I think the cartridge came with the computer when it was purchased meaning it was old stock. Price sticker on the box says 125.00 which is extremely low.

Edited by Sugarland

Would you please be so kind and measure and scan the box?

For documentation purposes sure. Photos attached. I don't have a scanner but took flash photos using a dslr camera. Since the flash creates a hot spot I took a couple photos to move or remove the hot spot. Hopefully one day these will help someone recreate the box. TBH I'd be surprised if a better scan of the box isn't already out there on the Internet.

Atari800box.rar

• Like 3

For documentation purposes sure. Photos attached. I don't have a scanner but took flash photos using a dslr camera. Since the flash creates a hot spot I took a couple photos to move or remove the hot spot. Hopefully one day these will help someone recreate the box. TBH I'd be surprised if a better scan of the box isn't already out there on the Internet.

Thanks! I'll check it. Actually I would like to create repro boxes. An unfortunately there are no good quality pics on the NET.

• Like 1

Oh the 600XL has never been used or opened. That's the original Atari bag still sealed. The pink bag with chips behind it is the memory upgrade ready to go if he wants to open it.

Where Is the power supply for the 600XL? It looks like there is a cable by the ram chips but the brick is MIA.

Where Is the power supply for the 600XL? It looks like there is a cable by the ram chips but the brick is MIA.

It was an ingot so that was cut off the cord and thrown away. Ingots are bad mmkay and can ruin the computer. Also the heavy brick could damage the computer in shipping. Kept the computer side of the cord to patch into a modern power supply.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

A friend of mine recently got an 800 that was used for a few hours (if at all) and then packed away and stored in a basement for nearly 35 years. The owner recently passed away and many unused (?) computer products were found. Presumably he was a computer hoarder. The machine does work. I took these photos on the 8th of March 2018. In one photo the color can be compared with a yellowed 800.

In the spirit of appreciating the beauty of the 800 and sharing here on the forums, I am granting limited rights use of the photos. You may use them freely for personal non commercial use and for archiving and for free use here on the forum. They may not be used them for commercial or monetary gain. The photos may be used at Atari gatherings for non monetary purposes. I retain all other copyrights to the images besides the limited rights granted here.

The machine is date coded 203 (20th week of '83) so it is one of the last made.

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! May I use 2 on my channel in a video about Atari 400 retrobriting color matching if I credit this post's URL in the description?

If so would you be able to send hi res versions? chris@the-simpsonTEETH.tv (remove TEETH to email me)

Thanks!

Starglider aka Perifractic http://youtube.com/perifractic

Edited by Starglider01

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! May I use 2 on my channel in a video about Atari 400 retrobriting color matching if I credit this post's URL in the description?

If so would you be able to send hi res versions? chris@the-simpsonTEETH.tv (remove TEETH to email me)

Thanks!

You're welcome, Chris. Yes you may use them in your Atari 400 retrobrighting video. I'd be honored. I sub to your channel and have been enjoying your videos from beginning to end. Please do credit this post thread. I'll look for the original high resolution photos. Are you looking for 4k resolution photos? Which images do you want?

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 1

You're welcome, Chris. Yes you may use them in your Atari 400 retrobrighting video. I'd be honored. I sub to your channel and have been enjoying your videos from beginning to end. Please do credit this post thread. I'll look for the original high resolution photos. Are you looking for 4k resolution photos? Which images do you want?

Thanks for your kind words and agreement! Much appreciated. Image 102 and 90 would be great. Any resolution above 1280p is ideal but not a deal breaker. Doesn't have to be 4K.

I'll be sure to credit you. [emoji106][emoji973]️

Thanks!

Edited by Starglider01