IGNORED

A couple of Nanopeb questions

OX.

Definetely needs the 5 Volts (+ on inside pin), AND a regulated (!!) power supply.

The more mA the better (maybe 1000-2000 mA is good)

Don´t buy a cheap one.

And yes, with the wrong or a cheap and unregulated PSU it supports sudden DIY (Destroy it yourself), I can tell you :grin:

Definetely needs the 5 Volts (+ on inside pin), AND a regulated (!!) power supply.

The more mA the better (maybe 1000-2000 mA is good)

Don´t buy a cheap one.

And yes, with the wrong or a cheap and unregulated PSU it supports sudden DIY (Destroy it yourself), I can tell you icon_biggrinwink.gif

Why, if other sidecar peripherals are made to use the TI's power can't a nanopeb be made to do the same?

Is it possible to do a DIY build?

Does it need the external 5V power source if it's the only item on the sidecar slot?

No yes 5v REGULATED many have tried screwing around with cheap power supplies and they regretted it and OPB is only made by him

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So if a 5v regulator was fitted to the nanopeb and the power passed through from the TI there would be no issue?

A DIY build of a Nanopeb looks quite simple so I'm surprised nobody has tried to make their own, although if the cpld code isn't freely available then I can see why.

So if a 5v regulator was fitted to the nanopeb and the power passed through from the TI there would be no issue?

A DIY build of a Nanopeb looks quite simple so I'm surprised nobody has tried to make their own, although if the cpld code isn't freely available then I can see why.

Tapping console power has been described in many threads on this forum. Here are a couple:

...lee

• Like 1

Yep you can take the console apart and use the 5 volts or put a connector on the back of your speech synthesizer if you have one and steal 5 volts from that that's already regulated from the ti power supply the only issue is that the ti power supply has a limited amount of amperage in the more stuff you plug into it the more likely you are to underpower something

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The developer has been working on a new version of the NanoPEB. This one will not have a RS232 built into it, but he is also developing a stand alone RS232 for it. This reminds me I need to reach out to him again to find out the latest status. As it was supposed to be released late in 2017.

• Like 1