Photo

Favorite plug and plays

30 replies to this topic

#26 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 4,481 posts

Posted Sun May 6, 2018 7:28 PM

I remembered another solid one, if you're into golf at least, the 2nd revision (gold vs blue stickering) of Golden Tee Golf.  That revised one has a few courses (not just 1), practice range, 4 players (not just one), saves scores too.  The visuals are pretty low/basic like the early arcade versions but the play is solid as it has a good trackball and button setup for it.

#27 FOX2600 OFFLINE  

FOX2600

Chopper Commander

• 181 posts

Posted Sun Jun 3, 2018 9:00 AM

High School Musical 3....

Im being serious the hub world is a country club resort thats open world sandbox style where you can drive a golf cart around 😂

Its the little things in life ya know?

#28 FOX2600 OFFLINE  

FOX2600

Chopper Commander

• 181 posts

Posted Sun Jun 3, 2018 9:09 AM

Also jakks plug and plays were to the 2000s that tiger handhelds were to the 90s

And here we are in the late 2010s where kids as young as 2 are playing on tablets with games like roblox and Minecraft clones... damn weve come a long way, what will the 2020s and beyond bring?

Years from now when all these kids are grown are they going to be nostalgic for old mobile devices that still have downloads of the games they played as kids and buying them on eBay? lol... Safe to say mobile and digital gaming will be a big part of the future.

Anyways sorry for changing the subject so yeah back to plug and plays, anyone remember the TV boy, the first plug and play 😁

#29 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 4,481 posts

Posted Sun Jun 3, 2018 7:21 PM

Who knows, but the jakks inspired stuff is still out there, but they're staying on the market far longer (years instead of months) because the quality (though still RCA jacks) hit a high note where they're welcome like that 3 years now on the market Pac-Man bodied controller with a tuck away cord.  Nearly 1:1 quality to the set of arcade games it has, solid menu, saves all your scores too.  Great device and been new on the shelf for $20 for a long time and they move.  That snowballed into the MyArcade/Bridge Direct one shot mini cabs of the last 18 months.

#30 MrBeefy OFFLINE  

MrBeefy

Dragonstomper

• 985 posts

Posted Sun Jun 3, 2018 10:54 PM

I like my Jakks pinball plug and play. Always wondered if they were NES roms because I don't think it was a port of anything.

#31 Magmavision2000 OFFLINE  

Magmavision2000

Space Invader

• 19 posts

Posted Tue Jul 3, 2018 8:13 AM

I liked the Namco Pacman one but mine would always break after a year :-\ 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users