IGNORED

Atari 800 emulator with serial pass-through

x=usr(1536)

I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to the state of Atari 800 emulation these days, so apologies if this question is an oversight on my part - Googling the answer wasn't turning up the results I was looking for.

What I am trying to find is an Atari 800 emulator that can pass a serial device attached to the host OS through to the emulator. I'd imagine that the emulator would have to have support for the 850 Interface or similar in order for this to work, which is fine, but I just don't know what's out there that might do this.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. FWIW, a Linux- or Windows-based emulator would be preferred.

I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to the state of Atari 800 emulation these days, so apologies if this question is an oversight on my part - Googling the answer wasn't turning up the results I was looking for.

What I am trying to find is an Atari 800 emulator that can pass a serial device attached to the host OS through to the emulator. I'd imagine that the emulator would have to have support for the 850 Interface or similar in order for this to work, which is fine, but I just don't know what's out there that might do this.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. FWIW, a Linux- or Windows-based emulator would be preferred.

I think atari800 has what you want:

* R: device (the Atari850 serial ports) mapped to net or real serial port.

It's a good, highly compatible emulator that runs just about everything I throw at it.

https://atari800.github.io/features.html

• Like 1

I think atari800 has what you want:

* R: device (the Atari850 serial ports) mapped to net or real serial port.

It's a good, highly compatible emulator that runs just about everything I throw at it.

https://atari800.github.io/features.html

Thank you for that, and I have to admit that I feel slightly dumb for not thinking of it earlier - I had been using Atari800MacX as my emulator of choice on my desktop machine, but wrote it off about a year ago after it became increasingly incompatible with later versions of OS X. That caused me to not even think of the Windows / Linux versions as a possibility.

Cool. Now to get on with the project icon_smile.gif

Edited by x=usr(1536)