IGNORED

Red Light/Green Light

Secamline

Hello there,

Here's a simple (simplistic?) game based on the popular children's game of the same name. Since I'm terrible at drawing 8 pixels wide sprites for the Atari, I used Mario and Luigi's sprites from Mario Bros. Each time Mario touches the wall, you get a point. Each time he walks while the light is red, you lose. It's as simple as that.

yw34.png

RedLightGreenLight.bin

• Like 4

• 5 years later...

Hello, @Secamline.  Are you still around?  I have some feedback for you about your game.  

This game is great!  But it needs a few things.

- A timer.  Like Freeway or Fishing Derby, set a timer to end the game. 

The score should flash as a warning before time runs out.  

- Two players.  Let player 2 play using Luigi.  

- Some game variations.  1 player against the clock.  2 players against each other.  

- Before a game starts, or after it ends, let the colors change like in Basketball.  

Edited by Living Room Arcade

@Secamline  Also, I have an idea to make the game a little more challenging/exciting.  

The teacher waits for a random amount of time before saying, "Green light!"  

This way, Mario and Luigi wait in anticipation for the teacher to say, "Green light," not knowing the exact moment when it will happen.

Thus making the game more exciting and challenging.  

What do you think?  

Also, music can play while the light is green and yellow, and the music can stop when the light is red, adding to the excitment.  

Edited by Living Room Arcade

15 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Hello, @Secamline.  Are you still around?  I have some feedback for you about your game.  

This game is great!  But it needs a few things.

- A timer.  Like Freeway or Fishing Derby, set a timer to end the game. 

The score should flash as a warning before time runs out.  

- Two players.  Let player 2 play using Luigi.  

- Some game variations.  1 player against the clock.  2 players against each other.  

- Before a game starts, or after it ends, let the colors change like in Basketball.  

Not hijack this thread, but I had been working on a version of this game (loosely based on the Squid Games). I do want to say this game looks amazing and I had searched this before I made mine which helped me decide to go in a different direction. 

The graphics are different than this version, where I use blocks but have multiple opponents or the option to play up to 5 players, where 4 players can run and 1 the person turning their head, using the QuadTari and the console switches. 

I also have various gameplay options for 1-,2-,3-, and 4-player modes.

I also add AtariVox support so the game will say “Red Light” or “Green Light” or taunt you. 

Basically you race to collect as many points as possible before the timer runs out.  After the timer runs out I have a moment where an AI comes out and walks around where they might shoot you if you do not time your button presses. 

Also options to change player color. 

Here is a video of gameplay. 

I am almost done. Just need to tighten a couple things. Haven’t posted a public binary yet. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KevKelley said:

Not hijack this thread, but I had been working on a version of this game (loosely based on the Squid Games). I do want to say this game looks amazing and I had searched this before I made mine which helped me decide to go in a different direction. 

The graphics are different than this version, where I use blocks but have multiple opponents or the option to play up to 5 players, where 4 players can run and 1 the person turning their head, using the QuadTari and the console switches. 

I also have various gameplay options for 1-,2-,3-, and 4-player modes.

I also add AtariVox support so the game will say “Red Light” or “Green Light” or taunt you. 

Basically you race to collect as many points as possible before the timer runs out.  After the timer runs out I have a moment where an AI comes out and walks around where they might shoot you if you do not time your button presses. 

Also options to change player color. 

Here is a video of gameplay. 

I am almost done. Just need to tighten a couple things. Haven’t posted a public binary yet. 

@KevKelley  Nice!  I like the teacher.  Looks like some of my teachers when I was a kid!  Looking forward to the public release, looks fun!