IGNORED

What 2600 game would you like see ported to the 7800

maxdrive

I really enjoy, Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man, under the 2600 (Intellivision too).

Seeing a 7800 port though probably has even less of chance than the ColecoVision port of the original receiving public distribution.

And diving all the way into the realm of (im)possibility, incorporate another sequence/section of the game under the 7800 port that includes what would have been the sequel, would be sweet.

Side notes: Any Megamania fan should give Astro Blaster a try. Those who like the tank portions of Combat, or the game Armor Ambush, should give Armor Attack II a go. Breakout fans, there's Crazy Brix. If you like Dark Cavern, likely will like/love Dungeon Stalker. Astroblast gamers should play Meteor Shower. Circus Atari players, see Super Circus AtariAge.

• Like 3

I would like to see pitfall maybe even a combo with pitfall 2 and hero ported and for the absurdity of it megaforce just because the good guys always win even in the 80s

I'd like to see Pitfall II, Pokey enhanced, with the second quest from the 5200 / 8-Bit version, with an exclusive third quest.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Someone else hit on it already (not 2600, but work with me here). I would love to see 'enhanced' Intellivision ports on the 7800, especially games that are probably too complex for the 2600. I like the INTV but cannot stand the controller, and there are many gamers who keep a 7800 around for 2600/7800 games but don't have the other pre-NES systems. The games I miss the most from the INTV are the Imagic games that weren't done on the 2600, such as Dracula or Microsurgeon.

There are also several 5200 games I'd like the same thing done, especially Frogger II.

Edited by dmaxwell
  • Like 3

I'm even seeing enhanced ports of 2600 games ported to the 2600.

Pacman -> Pacman 4k -> "New" 8k Pacman

Super Cobra (Parker Bros) -> Super Cobra Arcade

Draconian even uses that new ARM bankswitch to such effect I'd swear I was playing a 7800 game.

And a bunch of other stuff. Rather than port 2600 games to the 7800, I think that's low hanging fruit to be honest. Why not other 3rd generation hardware, NES and SMS games, arcade titles, etc that never got ported. PMP's work is amazing and afaik he never did straight up Atari 2600 ports, always faithful arcade titles (which may have had a very inferior port on the 2600). Look at tep's Donkey Kong PK/XM. That's the sort of stuff we should strive for. ;-)

• Like 2

I'd like to see Pitfall II, Pokey enhanced, with the second quest from the 5200 / 8-Bit version, with an exclusive third quest.

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest started out life as Pitfall III ;)

Adventure (if the 5200 can get an Adventure, why not a 7800?), Haunted House, Star Wars Arcade, Keystone Capers (could add something like a slide/ crawl function)

On the Homebrew side, Anguna & Ature

I actually started a game called Adventure III: The race for the Chalice a while back. I plan on picking it up again soon, as well as the zombie game ReZolve.

• Like 12

Gonna be honest: other than maybe graphical improvements, I don't see the point of porting a 2600 game to the 7800. I have a 7800, which plays 2600 games. If I want to play a 2600 game on my 7800, I'll just play the 2600 game. :)

• Like 2

Someone else hit on it already (not 2600, but work with me here). I would love to see 'enhanced' Intellivision ports on the 7800, especially games that are probably too complex for the 2600. I like the INTV but cannot stand the controller, and there are many gamers who keep a 7800 around for 2600/7800 games but don't have the other pre-NES systems. The games I miss the most from the INTV are the Imagic games that weren't done on the 2600, such as Dracula or Microsurgeon.

There are also several 5200 games I'd like the same thing done, especially Frogger II.

7800 Dungeon Stalker is Intv Dark Caverns, so that's one.

If I learn 7800 Basic, I would love to make Microsurgeon.

I started Microsurgeon in batari Basic, but full screen flicker to make a 3-color playfield ( 30Hz) is just too uncomfortable -- and I was never against flicker to add more objects.

Edited by iesposta

Gonna be honest: other than maybe graphical improvements, I don't see the point of porting a 2600 game to the 7800. I have a 7800, which plays 2600 games. If I want to play a 2600 game on my 7800, I'll just play the 2600 game. :)

Which is exactly why the 7800 was a commercial failure.

I agree,

I hate the Intellivision controllers ( I sold my console)

I would like to see more Intellivision ported on 7800

I never understood the love of the Intellivision controllers. I found them difficult and awkward to use. They also seemed dated (ie from 60/70's sci fi) for the '80's.

Edited by thetick1

Secret Quest with the second button being used to open the inventory screen/password screen and maybe a map (Zelda dungeon style) in the lower half of that screen. The map could fill in as you travel around, and a floor number could be displayed on it. With those additions, I wouldn't even care if the graphics weren't changed at all.

• Like 4