Posted Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:58 PM

Found this, so scanned it. Enjoy!

#2 Lord Innit OFFLINE  

Lord Innit

Chopper Commander

• 246 posts
  • Cleaning up Liberty City.

Posted Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 PM

Oh, boy! I used to go in that shop on every visit to London. Tottenham Court Road had loads of shops selling tech with Silica Shop being the one I bought most stuff from.

#3 x=usr(1536) OFFLINE  

• 402 posts

Posted Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 PM

I seem to remember buying a US Doubler for my 1050 from them, and possibly an RTC cartridge for my ST later on.  Always had an ad in either Atari User or Page 6, from what I recall.

Never got to visit their shop any time I was in the UK, though.  Would love to see some photos of it if anyone has them floating around, though I imagine it mostly looks like a late-1980s computer store on the inside ;)

#4 Mulletino OFFLINE  

Chopper Commander

• 206 posts

Posted Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 PM

I used to love going into the SIlica Shop inside Keddies at Southend.

#5 Mclaneinc OFFLINE  

• 5,324 posts

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:06 AM

Sorry folks, the best Silica Shop was its original shop in Sidcup Kent, for an Atarian it was a piece of heaven..

And for trivia, Silica has more ties to Atari, Noel Daniel who was one of the programmers of Sidewinder and the sole programmer of Thunderfox worked in the Tottenham Court road branch, really nice guy and a good friend back then. Also in the same shop was Eroll Elliston who co-wrote Foundations Waste on the ST. But on the dubious side was a guy nicknamed Splatt (I could be mixing the name up with another BBS guy) who ran a pirate BBS selling access to Amiga software.

Yep, all true...

Sadly Silica in Tottenham Court Road went bust and pulled the firm down because some staff later on were selling stock out the back door to order when it was already struggling with the huge number of other computer sellers in the same road.

#6 jefffulton OFFLINE  

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:47 PM

Have you thought of donating the PDF to AtariMania.com? This is awesome!

#7 ndary OFFLINE  

• 489 posts

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 AM

i loved that catalog, still have it..

i used to mail order games from it back in the 90es

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users