IGNORED

Paddle Controllers & A Broken Wire

theprojectgeek

I just got a set of Paddle Controllers for my 2600. I tested both paddles and found the player 1 paddle to be dead and 2 to have the jitters. I then disassembled paddle 2 and cleaned the pot, works great now. Problem is paddle 1 isn't. I tested the pot and its perfect, then I tested pin 9 wire going from the pot to the controllers end, no connection. No amount of wiggling or twisting brings any connection up.

What are my options here? I found some regular Joystick wire replacements, but nothing for the 2 player paddles. Any ideas?

I just got a set of Paddle Controllers for my 2600. I tested both paddles and found the player 1 paddle to be dead and 2 to have the jitters. I then disassembled paddle 2 and cleaned the pot, works great now. Problem is paddle 1 isn't. I tested the pot and its perfect, then I tested pin 9 wire going from the pot to the controllers end, no connection. No amount of wiggling or twisting brings any connection up.

What are my options here? I found some regular Joystick wire replacements, but nothing for the 2 player paddles. Any ideas?

If the cord looks good the problem could be the connection at the 9 pin plug maybe you can cut it off and replace it. Give me a minute I'll come back with one you can replace it with.

Not sure if you are good at soldering or not but you could use this https://www.ebay.com/itm/DB9-D-SUB-VGA-female-10pin-Terminal-Breakout-PCB-Connector-COVER-HOOD-SHELL-nut/302393572582?epid=1462714704&hash=item46680fbce6:g:SikAAOSwVm5ZABoS if not.

That is from China so it is cheap option you could find a closer item maybe but it may cost more. With this it looks like you can fit both cord ends inside and make it work. You would also have to remove the hex screws which would be in the way of plugging it into the 2600 but other than that should be good to go I would think.

Edited by SignGuy81