IGNORED

Jaguar ST Ports Series 2.3

Gaztee

I guess, this question have been asked (and answered) before ... but how does it work in general with the ports? Are only ST(e) games able to be ported? Or Amiga games as well? If Amiga games too, I would like to see a run of Turrican 3 or Desert Strike on the Jag :D

I guess, this question have been asked (and answered) before ... but how does it work in general with the ports? Are only ST(e) games able to be ported? Or Amiga games as well? If Amiga games too, I would like to see a run of Turrican 3 or Desert Strike on the Jag :D

According to CJ, Amiga games are more difficult to port because they use the Amigas custom chipset. The Atari ST relies on its Motorola 68000 processor for almost everything - and since the same processor also exists inside the Jaguar - porting between the two platforms is a lot easier. I hope I am remembering this correctly, but the graphics for an ST game must be changed from chunky to linear (I hope I said it right!) for them to display on the Jaguar.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1