The first thing I did was add speech to the current Title Screen... just the TE2 voice saying "Markus of Marinus" just before the music started... and MAN WAS THAT COOL!!! I give myself +2 geek points every time I use the TE2 cart to do speech in console BASIC.
I started fleshing out on paper what I could actually do with so much spare space, and I really think it will be possible to make a release-worthy BASIC game to go out on tape with full documentation, color J Card, and the works.
I will be using this thread to bounce ideas, show progress, and document the process. Life will be crazy for the next month, but I hope to have some stuff to show by next Monday--as I've pulled the short straw and have to cover a full weekend shift (Saturday and Sunday) at work... this means that I'll have basically 16 uninterrupted hours to work on this game (since there are only two lines running this weekend, and they basically run themselves).
Don't expect much at first... most of what I plan to implement will be structure adjustments and laying groundwork for doing the speech, but over the next month or two, I hope to be able to flesh out a nice splash title screen and start work on packaging graphics, etc.
This should be fun.
Edited by Opry99er, Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:20 AM.