IGNORED

Roller Controller Issue

• 4 months later...

IMG_20190819_195728.thumb.jpg.dc3bc89684d44553bf664133172b7797.jpgRecently repairing a roller ball controller, short story, up and running used this substitution it goes under part # ITR 9608 (interruptor 9608). It took some trial and error to get the configuration correct.  The bottom of the part it shows an arrow, the path of the IR light. (In laymen's terms I put it in backwards). Use 2 and just solder them in place of the one 8 pin originals. If you are really interested, you possible could breakout the new components from the plastic package and carefully place them in the original casings. I broke out a set  (IR emitter and detector) from the new ones to see the components.

The ITR 9608 was sourced from AliExpress, data sheets available after s search. BTW the replacement was the least of my problems. Old brittle cables and the lack of a strain relief on the dual joysticks cables made the wires easily breakable. If you want to put some time in , solder in some headers and connectors. Beware of also solder pads that easily separate . The ITRs are extremely inexpensive. Alot of work for the playing of 2 games, Slither and Victory that I have to test the controller, though it was a victory to get it to work. The pics are for the east/west sensor board. Suppose I should replace the north,south ones also.

IMG_20190819_195723.jpg

IMG_20190819_195824.jpg

IMG_20190819_121403.jpg

Edited by pmetro
clarification, grammatical correction
  • Like 1