78 replies to this topic

#76 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 952 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:04 PM

Tim,

Yes, I will glady share my DREM hard drive image and config files to get anyone setup that gets one.

Beery

#77 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

River Patroller

• 2,466 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:24 PM

Tim,

Yes, I will glady share my DREM hard drive image and config files to get anyone setup that gets one.

Beery

Sounds great.   From the web site looks like it is relatively simple but as I found with my SCSI stuff, sometimes the small boards leave you wanting for enclosures and protection.  Curious to see what you did with yours.

#78 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Stargunner

• 1,099 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:07 AM

I hope to get at least one also. I have 2 Myarc hfdcs and 2 Geneves. Ill definitely need some help if and when I get a Geneve going again and one for my secondary TI system.

#79 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 952 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:24 PM

Users should plan to secure the DREM in a 3.5" to 5.25" plastic drive bay kit.  Needs to be plastic and you will need to use plastic/nylon screws with a screw going through the mounting hole, two nuts, drem, final nut on each of the 4 corners.  Do not plan on using anything metal for the mounting.  Afterwards, you can use the side of the case to secure in a 5.25" bay.  I think these screws are like 1.5 mm nylon screws I used.  They were the same ones I used to secure the PI to the PEBox TIPI inside the PEBox.

The plastic 3.5" PC Drive bay form factor listed in the DREM manual on Page 6 is the same one I used.  The face of the DREM is a bit more open than I would have liked, but there is nothing else I am aware to cover the open space up.

You need a 34 pin cable and two 20 pin cables.  if you want to connect to floppy images as well, add another 34 pin cable.  You just need to match the male and female connectors correctly.

Beery

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users