IGNORED

i hate the guys that scrap metal

discgolfer72

one of the local operators I deal with contacted me saying he was putting out some cabinets to dumpster

and gave me dibs

my helper was running behind so I was running late

it didn't take long for the scrap scroungers to destroy everything

they just sledge hammer the cabinets then pick out the metal it drives me nuts

the worst is they break the necks off the tubes to get the copper

and there was at least 10 25 inch monitors in the lot but evey single one had already been broken

I was able to salvage a complete area 51 , and a pile of megatouch motherboards (mostly older max series ) before they came back for the second scrap pick (they showed back up while I was still there )

this is what they did

bad part is the guys told me they get 7 cents a pound god they could not have had more than 300 pounds of metal (was some big environmental ski/skateboard machines ) soo all that damage and hard work for 20$

post-63035-0-85582000-1521222785_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's awful, they should be arrested for disorderly conduct or property damage or something. That's going to take some cleanup effort!

Is that a Dispensa Castle of Toys or an Alladins Castle? In the mid-west?

yea they do make a mess

one of the employees that work at the fun center called his buddy that was doing the scraping

(overheard him talking )

as far as where

out of respect to the operator I wont divulge the name don't want him spammed with 20000 emails asking to buy games lol

--------------------

looking at the pics I should have snagged that voyager seat I got the board and guns from it and that would have made a cool bench in my game room lol

• Like 1

Seems like they needed to have the sledge taken to them upon return. Damned morons. Would it be all that hard just to look inside, or even bring along a power source with an outlet on it just enough to see if something comes to life? The minimum amount of cash for the scrap metal is crap change compared to the unselling value of those games before they got cannibalized sold as is, or stripped and the decent parts sold individually for those looking to rehab another. Just totally gross stupidity and incompetence. I can't say lazy as tearing that up for so little money takes work.

Good on you saving that gun game, looks sweet. There have been times I wish I had one, but I fear paying even but a little into them knowing I'd probably get bored fairly quick outside of trying to beat it without losing $10 in fake quarters.

• Like 1

Seems like they needed to have the sledge taken to them upon return. Damned morons. Would it be all that hard just to look inside, or even bring along a power source with an outlet on it just enough to see if something comes to life? The minimum amount of cash for the scrap metal is crap change compared to the unselling value of those games before they got cannibalized sold as is, or stripped and the decent parts sold individually for those looking to rehab another. Just totally gross stupidity and incompetence. I can't say lazy as tearing that up for so little money takes work.

Meth use isn't known for inculcating good financial habits.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 2

Seems like they needed to have the sledge taken to them upon return. Damned morons. Would it be all that hard just to look inside, or even bring along a power source with an outlet on it just enough to see if something comes to life?

They may not know the proper way to evaluate and test arcade cabinets. Let alone have the presence of mind to send them through proper sales channels.

To them it could be extraordinarily difficult. Same level of difficulty as flying a jet - to some of us here. So they do what they know, smash and bash and recycle.

It is their nature.

• Like 1

They may not know the proper way to evaluate and test arcade cabinets. Let alone have the presence of mind to send them through proper sales channels.

To them it could be extraordinarily difficult. Same level of difficulty as flying a jet - to some of us here. So they do what they know, smash and bash and recycle.

It is their nature.

I agree

I really hold nothing against them

and they do serve a purpose

the metal bits get recycled

and the wood will rot to nothing in a landfill

just frustrating for me , and sad because I see in my mind that most of it can be repaired

it all comes down to I was to slow lol and I'm salty about it lol

Edited by discgolfer72
  • Like 1

Meth use isn't known for inculcating good financial habits.

Tell me about it. Where I live, if something even smells faintly of copper the meth-heads come scrabbling out of their filthy hovels to steal it.

• Like 2

Good on you saving that gun game, looks sweet. There have been times I wish I had one, but I fear paying even but a little into them knowing I'd probably get bored fairly quick outside of trying to beat it without losing $10 in fake quarters.

Right now I'm working in the IT section of a recycling company, basically almost all electronics we test before we cannibalized as quite a lot of electronics can be parted and resold.

Though we would take the whole machine and do it off of a client property, and would property scrap the CRT monitor's for them since they are hazardous waste as they contain materials that harmful to both humans and the environment as its apart of Ethical and Professional Conduct

• Like 1