• 579 posts

Posted Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 AM

So I went to Barcade Jersey City, NJ  and played the following:

Mappy

Rampage 

Rolling Thunder

Metal Slug 2

Tapper

I like to play video games first then drink otherwise I'm sure I would not play near as long.

I'm going to head to the Brooklyn Barcade sometime next week as I want to play:

Berzerk

Dig Dug

Satan's Hollow 

Q*bert

Metal Slug X

#2 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 500 posts

Posted Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:48 PM

Funspot is about a 50+ minute drive from where I live, so I visit there often on weekends to play Donkey Kong, Krull, Mappy and Ms Pac-Man. When I’m in the mood, I will head to the bottom floor to play Daytona USA and Mortal Kombat II.

#3 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 14,680 posts
  • \m/

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:20 AM

Funspot is about a 50+ minute drive from where I live, so I visit there often on weekends to play Donkey Kong, Krull, Mappy and Ms Pac-Man. When I’m in the mood, I will head to the bottom floor to play Daytona USA and Mortal Kombat II.

You should spend some time on the less common games like Tunnel Hunt, Space Encounters and Death Race...there are many others! :)

#4 racerx OFFLINE  

racerx

Stargunner

• 1,169 posts
  • Resident Curmudgeon

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:30 AM

Just got some Space Encounters love at a friend's house last week. :)

I'm pretty fortunate... in addition to my own and my friends' collections within about an hour I've got Underground Retrocade​​, Galloping Ghost, the Garcade, Star Worlds, Logan Arcade, Headquarters Barricade, 8Bit, and a few others.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20180319_112155.jpg

Edited by racerx, Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 AM.

#5 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 14,680 posts
  • \m/

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:45 AM

Just got some Space Encounters love at a friend's house last week. icon_smile.gif

The cabaret version is much better with the trigger joystick ala Gorf. The upright is harder to control.

The closest arcade to me is about 45 minutes away and there's nothing rare there that would get me to go more than once per year.

#6 masschamber ONLINE  

masschamber

Stargunner

• 1,385 posts

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 PM

robot city games in binghamton ny is a glorious arcade

#7 thetick1 OFFLINE  

thetick1

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 579 posts

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:51 PM

robot city games in binghamton ny is a glorious arcade

Oh that's cool.  Next time I'm in Binghamton I'll have to stop by .. before I hit the Water Street Brewing Company!

Edited by thetick1, Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 PM.

#8 Machine OFFLINE  

Machine

Moonsweeper

• 458 posts

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:19 PM

Manitou Springs Penny Arcade is about 20-30 minutes from Colorado Springs. Well worth a visit if in the area.

Lots of classics and some new pinballs.....

#9 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Gobs of money!

• 25,537 posts
  • Meh

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:49 PM

Space Encounters is one of my all time favorite games..

Within 75 miles I have Underground Retrocade, Pixel Blast, Galloping Ghost,Chicago Street Pinball Arcade, Joysticks @ Clutter, 257, and O'Nett Gaming. I know there's more I'm missing.

#10 4300 OFFLINE  

Star Raider

• 99 posts

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:29 PM

There were two arcades within driving distance of my house; pinhead amusements in Bedford pa and another pay to play place in the Westminster md mall. Both went out of business immediately after i discovered them. Apparently, i am the arcade killer.
  • jhd likes this

#11 Rhymes OG OFFLINE  

Rhymes OG

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:28 AM

Oh how I love and miss arcades of the past. 

I live in Las Vegas about 5 mins from the strip and 10 mins from Downtown. I go to The Pinball Hall of Fame pretty much everyday and also am a regular at A Gamers Paradise. The Pinball Hall of Fame is a huge warehouse style arcade with 100's of Pinball machines, fully restored from the early days up to current. They also have a row of classic arcade games which is what I go there for. Many games of Dig Dug, Ms. Pac Man, Centipede, and Claw Machines have been abused by myself throughout the years.  A Gamers Paradise is a retro video game shop with an arcade inside. They have everything from Atari 400 to current consoles and with a small museum inside with pretty much every retro console. The owner also builds, repairs, and sells arcade machines. I just bought his Centipede machine. There is also PSG (Press Start Gaming) located in the same lot which is a LAN/Console style Arcade which holds a lot of the major fighting game tournaments in Las Vegas. All 3 locations are in the same parking lot right next to each other. I know PSG works with A Gamers Paradise to put on tournaments, events, and special sales frequently.

Last I heard the owner of the Pinball Hall of Fame wants nothing to do with PSG and A Gamers Paradise and are not on speaking terms. The Pinball Hall of Fame owner has appeared on Ricks Restorations and also Pawn Stars. You can see him walking through the arcade with the famous head-flashlight repairing something. If you are in Vegas and want to do some arcade gaming, these are the places to go. 

#12 Skullazzi OFFLINE  

Skullazzi

Space Invader

• 10 posts

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:39 PM

I went into the Pinball Hall of Fame a few years back. I had a good time

and the owner was very kind. Definitely a place you can get lost in

for hours. I didn't realize there were other gaming venues at the site,

however. As it happens, I'll be in Las Vegas this weekend so I may

try to find time to visit them.

#13 coleco82 OFFLINE  

coleco82

Star Raider

• 94 posts

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 PM

Here in Madison, Wisconsin there is a great arcade called Geeks Mania.

it is located off of Odana Road.

They have a great selection of old and new games and lots of pinball tables too.

Its $15 per person, but everything is set to free play, even the pinball machines.

They keep expanding and adding more games, for instance I have never played the arcade machine blades of steel before 2 months ago.

if you facebook search geeks mania arcade you can find all the latest updates.

It is about 30 mins from where I live, of course my wife is not interested but sometimes I wonder if even she would find something she likes there.

#14 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• 5,639 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:22 PM

Wow...I live in a prime location....in my neighborhood, just four blocks away from me, is Replay Andersonville, a beercade. There's another Replay not terribly far away too. So...I guess in my neck of the woods, I have.....

Replay Andersonville

Replay Boystown

Logan Arcade

Headquarters

Emporium

Izzy's Arcade bar

Galloping Ghost

Pixel Blast

Underground Retrocade

Chicago Street Pinball Arcade

Level 257

And Prince Arcades will be opening a location in Bolingbrook, which is near Pixel Blast.

And there's a Hole Foods not far from me that has Galaga, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and....uhhhh....one more, I forgot...Centipede???....on free play!

If I want to drive a little further, I too am within reaching distance of O-Nett Gaming, Clutter, Starworlds, and The Garcade.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users