Thanks for posting the ROM. It's fun to try out a game that's quite a ways along but is still a work in progress.
This is going to be fun. I already like shooting my opponent in the back, though I'm sure that says more about me than it does about the game.
– It's frustrating right now when bullets pass through without getting a kill. Do you have to get a head shot?
– The timer is really slow. It takes 2:18 to count down from 60.
– The menu is... OK. It's not clear to me why the two gunfighters are on the screen and why they react for some options and not others. Going back to saying "Normal Mode" and "Zombie Mode" would make that choice clearer. "Music On" and "Off" instead of "ON" and "OFF" would lessen the collision of letters with the line above.
– Should black (invisible) be a color choice for a player? Seems like the left player can't pick that color.
– I agree with DZ about the "SC" used to indicate the score. Using the player color for the number should make it obvious. If the player color is black, you'd need a background color for the digits.
– It's not apparent that pressing 1 starts the game. That should either be in the list or at the bottom instead of the second copyright notice.
– The Intellivision side buttons aren't normally referred to as Fire, and "Fire 2 Change Colour" just looks clunky. Better to just list it in the menu as "8 - Change Colour"
– On the subject of the side buttons, they should all work in this game, whether it's on the menu or shooting. Some players will prefer shooting with the top buttons, and right now they're not used.
I'm looking forward to playing this again. With a human opponent, it should be a lot of fun.