IGNORED

Some Recovered Disks

Opry99er

Well, my 5.25" drive ran swimmingly for about an hour. In that time, I was able to recover some old disks I got from my friend Dick Lauhead up in Minneapolis.

Included in this first zipfile is a "Cracked" version of MG Explorer... Apparently there's a "crack screen" you can see below. Crack screens have a very interesting past and history... though this one is rather tame.

I have also included a zip file containing a very neat PagePro inverter utility written by my friend. He is a very interesting guy, and if you ever want to go catch a Twins game, holler at Dick... he's got you covered. :)

More to come... my drive flaked out again and stopped reading anything. I'll have to pull it apart and see what I can see.

post-24953-0-25278200-1521788035.png

CrackExplorer.zip

PPInverter.zip

• Like 8

This zip is for a BETA version of a font editor (designed for use with PagePro99). It was written by MSP guru Ed Johnson. This was a UG distribution disk that was not supposed to get out into the public (but 30 years later, I think we can safely say, "It's okay!)

He distributed this BETA version to members of MSP99 to test out, and he was apparently expecting to make a big release of this program when it was completed. I cannot verify if that ever happened...

This is a BETA version, but it works as advertised.

PageProFontEdit.zip

• Like 4

Well, my 5.25" drive ran swimmingly for about an hour. In that time, I was able to recover some old disks I got from my friend Dick Lauhead up in Minneapolis.

Included in this first zipfile is a "Cracked" version of MG Explorer... Apparently there's a "crack screen" you can see below. Crack screens have a very interesting past and history... though this one is rather tame.

I have also included a zip file containing a very neat PagePro inverter utility written by my friend. He is a very interesting guy, and if you ever want to go catch a Twins game, holler at Dick... he's got you covered. :)

More to come... my drive flaked out again and stopped reading anything. I'll have to pull it apart and see what I can see.

Yep. Now that we have the source code, there’s no need for the cracked versions. We can have legit versions assembled without protection; not sure if the “crack” did anything to the program or not, so never really used them.

• Like 1