IGNORED

Video Test Cartridge

Lathe26

My latest video is about the Video Test Cartridge running on actual hardware.

Here, it runs on 3 systems: Intellivision, Intellivision II, and "Tutor Pro". It runs well on the original Intellivision but watch what happens when it executes on Intellivision II and Tutor Pro which were made years after the Video Test Cartridge was created.

The Video Test Cartridge has the same code as the IMI Test Cartridge version 1.0 that is available downloadable as a ROM.

Physically, it is constructed similar to the first release games from Mattel. It has a metal grounding shield inside the case and the case is missing the "Insert to line" text in the plastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWmbOsEoWQA

• Like 5

phew, i guess it's part of the service manual, i will have to dig to find the link or i upload mine.

I should have instructions for both the IMI Test Cartridge and MTE-201.

recently i can't find the service manual (i thought it's part of it) on the MacBook, but i will look out for it.

The Manual for the MT-201 i found, they are quite similar in what is tested and how its to interprete, MTE-201 does the job for you to interprete the result and to show the probably disfunctional components (based on your input) while for the IMI you have to work with a table.

also MTE-201 does some automated tests right at start which you have to call for the IMI each seperately.

MTE-201 will show you which Intellivision it is (well, however).

running it in an emulator can work without to show errors but it will state: unknown system.

MTE201-TestCartridge.pdf

allors the service manual

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235424-intellivision-service-manual-model-2609-pdf/?do=findComment&comment=3185019

Edited by Gernot

Slight error: the sevice manual referes to the use of the MTE-201, i'm sorry.

a manual for the IMI test cartridge seems to be rare, i found an offer for the cartridge but the handed out manual is the MTE-201 manual.

howerver the test routines are the same.

if it's not at all an MTE-201, labelled it's "IMI Test Cartridge"

https://vgcollect.com/item/29076

i'm sure intvsteve or intvnut can answer this better as me.

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/hardware/mte100/

or make use of that query symbol on top of this site, maybe it's a good idea ;)

an often postet lament of mine:

"you guys would have it soooo easy, we had to visit the next library back then and this was maybe 50miles away, you haven't the patience to slide 5cm with your mouse"

it was the first thing i had to learn as textiletechnician: "you can't know everything - but you can know where to find it"

i had to refere to a library, for the longings of a textiletechnician we had one in our factory, but yeah books!

nothing available by pressing of a button, you had to search and if you don't mind that's something one has to learn to, how to search efficient.

where to start in 3 10cm thick books of ICI chemicals? and this is only one brand.

today you can enter it to google and swoosh, the results are presented on a silver tablet.

never mind, else the dinosaurs would feel much more lonely and obsolate.

Edited by Gernot

pretty good intvsteve

at least better as google translate

to be honest i need its support often, there was times when i used my websters more often but it's time consuming and distracting, each time i'm looking for a certain word i start to read in it.

i like dictionairies/lexika since i'm a child, others might have read comics i've read lexika and (now comes a word i have to translate) leaflets.

meriam websters is a extremly good dictionary, it's rather a lexicon as a dictionary, i know, i know, i've learned (thanks to studivision) that this is in english the same while we differ between them.

the good thing to learn english with it the words are explained what it is "chair; a seat with at least three legs and a backrest" if you already speak a few words you can't fail to understand what is ment by it, even if this is a bit complicated it's far better as to simply translate, you get a picture of it in mind. "Labrador: a dog belonging to the family of retrievers (retrieve -> fr. retrouvez) of middle size with a long forehead...." can one describe it better? it goes on and it's described for what this race has been breeded, to play with children.

you see i can get totally lost in such.

i should have still even a small edition from 1920, very interesting to read in it to: "Computer: naval, a large building with up to 200 employees used to calculate arrival times of ships on sea".

we know now exactly what a computer is :grin: a building full of hard working ppl.

in future handle your computer with some respect!

off topic:

right today i watched this clip of paul hogan explaining the function of digital watches ('80s):

for our german speaking fellows i have little web-treasure:

http://www.kruenitz1.uni-trier.de/

Edited by Gernot

Das ist doch ausgezeichnet! Wo hast Du das gefunden?! Gibt es auch solche Anleitungen auf anderen Sprachen zu finden? (Tut mir Leid, mein Deutsch ist bestimmt immer schrecklicher!)

I got it years ago on Ebay. It's not only the instructions for the test cart. It's the complete service manual for a service center.