IGNORED

Damn... MY Computer Is Dusty!

Omega-TI

Two goodies arrived in the mail today... icon_thumbsup.gif

First, my TexElec joystick adapter for the TI...

... and second the 3D printed case.

I hope to have a short video out this weekend, but when I went to take a static photo of the TI, every teeny tiny minuscule piece of dust showed up in the photo. Eeeech!

post-35324-0-73664900-1522262934.jpg

• Like 7

I hope to have a short video out this weekend, but when I went to take a static photo of the TI, every teeny tiny minuscule piece of dust showed up in the photo. Eeeech!

That looks really nice vs my cable dongle hanging off the side. The PS2 keyboard mode is nice too. Sharp!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That really is a nice splitter case... Very elegant.

I use my Wico box adapter happily. It's solid and sits nicely on my desktop... it moves around, sure... but it does the trick and has served me well for years. Sometimes stuff is "just part of your setup" and won't ever NOT be. Even if I get my Lotharek Rev F purchased (one day) and mounted in my PEB next to my DSSD half height 5.25" drive, I'll still use my external 3.5" drive bay for back ups and such. Why? Because it's "just part of my setup" and won't ever NOT be.

Almost everything I have in my system has sentimental value to me. My SID card and 3.5" drive bay came from my friend Marc. My PEB and speech synth were part of a large purchase I made 8 or 9 years ago from a former member of MSP99 group (who is still my good friend), my Wico Redball and my TI program cassette recorder were part of my dad's original 1984 Tronics acquisition. My XB2.7 cart (which almost never leaves my console) was assembled and shipped to me by Tony Knerr. I got my current flex cable card from Ksarul because my old one (which was also part of dad's original Tronics gear) flaked out on me. My Terminal Emulator cartridge and first serial cable were gifts from Jacques Groslouis in 2010. I mean I can tell you where every single piece of my TI puzzle came from, down to each of my 3rd party cartridges, and just about EVERY PIECE means something important to me. When I sit at my computer and power it up, I remember the days when my electricity was turned off and I couldn't turn on the TI, even if I wanted to. I remember the feeling I got when I successfully completed my first PC-TI transfer of a program. I remember opening a box that had just come in the mail and being able to listen to SID music on the TI for the first time. When I play Henhouse on my Wico RedBall, every small sound and screen artifact takes me back to when I was a kid... using that same Wico RedBall, playing that same game in the basement of the rental house we had on South 13th street in Brighton Colorado... family was broke as hell, but it didn't matter in that basement.

Man, some sh** you just can't put in to words.

• Like 3

Well you sold me, I just ordered one for my black and aluminum and one for my beige

• Like 1

Sometimes stuff is "just part of your setup" and won't ever NOT be. Even if I get my Lotharek Rev F purchased (one day) and mounted in my PEB next to my DSSD half height 5.25" drive, I'll still use my external 3.5" drive bay for back ups and such. Why? Because it's "just part of my setup" and won't ever NOT be.

Man, some sh** you just can't put in to words.

Man I totally agree and understand! I was able to re-attain my original joystick I made for my TI back in the 80's and it will ALWAYS be part of my system. I also have a Triple Tech card that I got from Gazoo, so no matter what I do with the TI, I'll always keep my P-Box because of that card I got from him.

Sadly, I was STUPID back in the day and got rid of my original TI, but my new one has a lot of goodies attached to it made by a few of the guys that hang out here, so there is sentimental value attached to it because of that. I think I'd be heartbroken it that console ever dies.

Everyone has different reasons to take different upgrade paths, motivations for style preferences, while others like to keep to period tech or even a stock parts. That's one of the things I love about the TI... so many ways to expand these little computers. In that respect, many of us TI'ers are a lot like classic car guys. icon_wink.gif

One of my 'personal obsessions' is to eliminate or hide the 'rats nest' of cables. All these new goodies attach to the system without the need for a half dozen cables. Whether it be the TIPI or Mini-PEB, they hook cleanly to the side, which I like. This new joystick adapter is no different, it also has a nice clean look, which again is my personal preference. About the only way I think I'll ever replace it, is if someone comes out with two-piece 'wireless joystick interface' with an A/B switch that communicates with a standard joystick.... with the caveat of NO LAG. Will it ever happen? Who knows, but half the fun (for me) is thinking, "whats next"? So with that in mind, I'm really looking forward to Fest West next month to see all the presentations of new goodies and ideas.