IGNORED

If I ever see one in the wild...

Galactus

Well in 1999 I got all my Jaguars in the wild. $30 at Kaybee toy store (had to call their corporate office to track that down, bought the last two of three in the Dallas area). Found another in a pawn shop with AvP and I believe Tempest 2000 for $50.

Bubsy was originally bought at Trader's Village in Grand Prairie and was my second game for the system.

Found two Jaguar development kits in the wild which I bought for $50 a piece in 2001.

Over the years I've seen about three Jaguar somethings in various retro stores per year.

Latest: Flashback was selling for $40, picked that up for half of that in a black Friday sale. Saw Iron Solider in the box for $10.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

The last time I encountered an Atari Jaguar in the wild was over fifteen years ago at my local Salvation Army. The system came complete with 2 joypads, all the proper hookups, and 8 games for $75. Yes, I bought it. :) I kept the system for three years before selling it on eBay. I cant remember why I sold it, but I do remember regretting my decision later.

May I suggest browsing the marketplace forum here on AA for a system? The Jaguar system I own today was purchased through there.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention - the likelihood of you finding an Atari Jaguar in the wild for cheap (let alone finding one at all) is slim to none. Your choices are either eBay or from communities like this one here.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a loose Jaguar system with 2 controllers posted on the Facebook Marketplace here where I live. I am in Denver, Colorado but this was listed in the Pueblo, CO section (which is about 2 hours south of me). I didn't need a second Jag so I didn't feel like going all the way down there to try and grab it (as I actually drove to Pueblo before for a game deal and got stood up and didn't want to risk that happening again).

Turns out the jaguar was still sitting there listed for $100 for almost 6 months. One of the local gamers on my Retro Game page here in Denver actually was down there for business last week and hit the dude up and scored the loose Jag with all hookups and the 2 controllers for $30!!! I thought damn I should have just bit the bullet and drove down there! That being said, you CAN find Jaguars in the wild out there, likely not for $30 with 2 controllers which is a hell of a find. Would have been worth the $100 and the 2 hour drive but when I heard the other guy got it for $30 it definitely would have been worth the price then!

In all my travels, I've only run across one Jaguar system with a handful of games in the wild. They were at sumguy's booth of misc. movies, music and games at a sketchy old flea market. The games and system were caked in that gritty, sandy dirt typically found at such places and boxes were all beat up, so was easy to pass. Wasn't even priced, but there wasn't anything too rare or of particular interest anyway.

Getting to a point where I won't even bother to ask on stuff like this that isn't priced as you know it'll be sky high. Or they whip out their phone and start quoting eBay asking prices. So many flea market vendors today think they're running little high end boutiques or something. It's all very strange, but par for the course these days.

• Like 2

In all my travels, I've only run across one Jaguar system with a handful of games in the wild. They were at sumguy's booth of misc. movies, music and games at a sketchy old flea market. The games and system were caked in that gritty, sandy dirt typically found at such places and boxes were all beat up, so was easy to pass. Wasn't even priced, but there wasn't anything too rare or of particular interest anyway.

Getting to a point where I won't even bother to ask on stuff like this that isn't priced as you know it'll be sky high. Or they whip out their phone and start quoting eBay asking prices. So many flea market vendors today think they're running little high end boutiques or something. It's all very strange, but par for the course these days.

Gotta love people who think the shit hanging round their house is more valuable than it really is -__-

your best bet in the wild will be a local used game store, that just throws all the atari 2600/5200/7800/jaguar games in a dump box in the corner of the store.

you have to hope your in a small town where they dont care to list stuff on ebay.

You have to figure everyone at this point has the internet and knows you can sell a jag for 100 bucks or more. so why would you as a local game store even try, if you get it and games you have to sell it as a bundle. your typical gamer doesnt care, every time i see one in a local shop it sit their as it is overpriced and most are unaware of its exsistants

• 2 weeks later...

Ahem brother. I think I have seen two Jaguar systems in the wild. And I literally have bought every Jaguar game I have run across in the wild.