Photo

What consoles would you like to see made as a flashback

103 replies to this topic

#101 Hwlngmad OFFLINE  

Hwlngmad

Chopper Commander

• 180 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:02 PM

I don't know if the 7800 needs to be on it's own or just add it along with the 2600 flashback like the whole backwards compatibility of the 7800.

I would add it along with the 2600 offering.  While a separate 7800 flashback would be cool, it just doesn't have the clout nor cache the 2600 does.  However, putting them in addition to 2600 titles (say 20 7800 and 120 or more 2600 games) would probably be something AtGames could feasibly do.

#102 maxdrive OFFLINE  

maxdrive

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:36 PM

I would add it along with the 2600 offering.  While a separate 7800 flashback would be cool, it just doesn't have the clout nor cache the 2600 does.  However, putting them in addition to 2600 titles (say 20 7800 and 120 or more 2600 games) would probably be something AtGames could feasibly do.

I would also have 7800 support on the portable sd card for home brews and what games left off the system someone might want to add

#103 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 3,900 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:13 PM

the only thing I see is if they do a separate hand held for both a few of the games are on both like Zelda links awakening and Zelda DX I feel if the do combine the two a few games we might want to see end up on the system would be left out to fit in both systems.

I could see that, but realistically I think they'd (if they planned this out entirely) would likely just skip the original version and release the DX version on a GBC unit a year later (if it wasn't just a combined system.)  The GBC release with the added color dungeon and a few other minor things is the definitive complete version of it after all. Very few games, at least of worth and value to fir into a device like this, exist on both systems.  Sure they'd get some angry whiners over the exclusion which would mean making some PR statement about a future system potentially too soon, but there's not much else you could do as playing silent wouldn't make it any easier.

#104 Hwlngmad OFFLINE  

Hwlngmad

Chopper Commander

• 180 posts

Posted Today, 7:56 AM

I would also have 7800 support on the portable sd card for home brews and what games left off the system someone might want to add

I think if AtGames produces a 2600/7800 hybrid FB of some kind, that would have to be given.  However, outside of the portables, SD cards haven't arrived yet to the plug-ins.  Hopefully that changes this year with the new models.

Edited by Hwlngmad, Today, 7:56 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users