Photo

SCART-Genie Packages for Users

Geneve RGB SCART SCART-Genie Sync cleaner sync-cleaner

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Geneve SCART-Genie Packages (9 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of package would you like to see the SCART-Genie offered?

1. Bare PCB Only (4 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Bare PCB and Parts Kit (You Assemble It! - SMD and Through-hole) (4 votes [18.18%] - View)

3. Assembled / Tested PCB (4 votes [18.18%] - View)

4. Complete (Assembled / Tested with 3D Case) (8 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

5. Assembled / Tested with Cables (2 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• 2,505 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:34 PM

Wanted to get a head start on seeing what other Geneve users would like to see for packages offered for the SCART-Genie.

Edited by Shift838, Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:32 PM.

#2 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,473 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:23 PM

yeah, I sadly had to stop buying bare things and part kits, as I don´t know what to do with them ;)

So I miss many things

#3 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,505 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 AM

I have been thinking in order to keep the cost down to not offer a kit with cables.  Since my design is used for the standard 8 pin male to male patch cables (straight through) and SCART male to male cable pinouts that can be purchased.  These cables would keep the cost of the kits down by not offering them as well as save on shipping cost.  It will also let you purchase the cables or build them if you so desire.  This is really because I would have to pay for shipping of the cables which would in turn increase the price of the kit then shipping would be more to get it to the buyer of the kit, so it would be like paying shipping twice.

It just does not make sense to me to do that because I would have to pass the cost off to the user.  When you could simply buy the cables yourself and not have to worry about the extra cost.

The whole idea of this device is to allow someone to buy an off the cable shelf and just plug it in with no modifications required.

Thoughts?

Edited by Shift838, Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:10 AM.

#4 marc.hull OFFLINE  

marc.hull

Stargunner

• 1,297 posts

Posted Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:39 PM

According to you poll that is the concensus though 😈. It's your deal so do what feel like but just know that there are those of us who won't whine about the cost. Stuff costs money. Better stuff costs more money. Fact of life.

#5 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,505 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:31 PM

According to you poll that is the concensus though . It's your deal so do what feel like but just know that there are those of us who won't whine about the cost. Stuff costs money. Better stuff costs more money. Fact of life.

That is true.  I may just have to offer all the options!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Geneve, RGB, SCART, SCART-Genie, Sync, cleaner, sync-cleaner

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users