IGNORED

Looking for experts on the ZX80/81

Wow, where's Tim Hartnell when you need him? I learned most of my best programming tips from his books. With the screen-invert routine and the code for a clock from one of his books, I wrote a darkroom timer program on my TS1000 that I used constantly in my photography business. I depended on it so much that I had two TS1000's running it, in case one of them crashed. With a handy wind-up egg time on hand just in case! :) With as many as 11 timed steps, using that program with its one-key entries was sure preferable to relying on my own wobbly memory to keep track of the sensitive development processes.

After-hours, his many great games occupied my off-time playing and enhancing them.

-Ed

Edited by Ed in SoDak
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I submitted a short segment on what the ZX81/Timex TS1000 has meant to me. While it didn't lead me to a new career, as vintage computers did for some of us, it sure enhanced my darkroom business when I wrote that programmable timer program. It freed me from being a clock watcher for 45 minutes. I could do other things during that time, which could double my production of enlargements and thus, my hourly profit.

Randy might still accept more, so why not add your own ZX memories?

-Ed