emulator colem windows linux android

26 replies to this topic

#26 GarageResearch OFFLINE  

GarageResearch

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted Sun Apr 8, 2018 5:54 PM

There are two versions of the Lord of the Dungeon ROM out there that have seen significant distribution.  One that looks for read and writes to RAM between $4000-$47FF and another that looks between $6000-$67FF.

Additionally, there is a dump posted, a 32K image, provided by Daniel, with some disassembly included.  Bruce provided some additional insight on that dump.

There is a 24K version graciously provided by Ikrananka.

That means there are (at least) four considerably different dumps of the game that exist and out in the wild.  However, it's believed the last one mentioned is considered the 'definitive' final image of the game.

I have only added CRC for one version of the ROM right now (write to E000h..E7FFh, read from E800h..EFFFh). Going to add CRCs for other ROMs.

#27 GarageResearch OFFLINE  

GarageResearch

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted Sun Apr 8, 2018 6:32 PM

So, Ikrananka's 24kB image and the older 32kB image match exactly, except for the last 8kB. I have added CRCs for both of them to ColEm. The other two images, provided by Bruce Tomlin, appear to be modified to run on BlueMSX or some such. I am not adding CRCs for them, since they are not the original ROM. If anyone has any objections to this approach, feel free to voice them here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emulator, colem, windows, linux, android

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users