IGNORED

Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2

Rick Dangerous

Anyone playing these? I played the first one on Wii U but am having a helluva time playing them on my Switch. I have played them both almost entirely in handheld mode and they play and look great. About done with the second game now and believe it's a shade better than the first. Despite generally duller environments the weapons/monsters/mechanics are better and more satisfying.

I thought these two games for $40 was a steal. Anyone else enjoy playing them through on the Switch? I know these have been out on other systems but I needed something to keep me busy until Wolfenstein comes out.

I found the original game fun but I've yet to and may not likely ever play the second. It wasn't the Switch version though but the 3DS original. That game was the most refreshing RE game I had played in a long time probably since it had enough drops and the camera/control weren't wooden garbage. The plan was there to get it on Switch, but they made #2 a download only with a voucher code so I saw no reason to buy RER1 again. I figured for the price the Steam release of #2 made more sense.

If you liked the first one, you will enjoy the second. I can hardly put it down.

Part of my wants to play the first one on 3DS since i've only played it on Wii U, but I only have a 3DS XL, not the "New" 3DS, so a lack of analog stick would make that difficult....

Edited by travistouchdown

I know, it's just that I can not justify wasting space on my Switch with an insulting download locked to the hardware because Crapcom cheaped out hard on the storage media, just like they did with another game too (MM Legacy 1 and 2 is a download.) It's scummy. So that limits my interest to a steep sale on my laptop through Steam. Better output, still portable on a laptop, and at least it can carry from system to system, plus Steam runs nice sales now and again.

Basically all you can do is vote with your wallet. If people buy Capcom games that are fully on the cart at a proportionately higher volume than those where they cut out half the package it will make an impact. They basically need to be financially slapped on the wrist with a lot of not purchased games coupled with online complaining about the tactic so they can't play a lying blame game of disinterest when you have thousands of comments saying 'I bought it on X instead because they removed 1/2 the game.' as evidence with low sales combined.

My vote will be if I still buy it, it won't be on Switch but Steam. I am not interested in half releases where I have to buy added storage media because they wanted to save literally a dollar not going from like a 2GB to a 4GB storage chip or whatever the case is. It's already a known that when Switch arrived the 8GB cards = price of burning a PS4/XB0 blu ray disc. So the fact like with Megaman Legends 1+2 that they went with a 1GB instead of a 2GB game making MML2 a download shows how cheap they are as that was pennies to the dollar in savings.

That has always been my issue with RE games as I really dig the story but the play bugged the hell out of me except in a few cases. Combine the earlier days of limited save ribbons and it was a kiss of death. Thats why the revelations games and recent stuff is more interesting as its easier to commit.