IGNORED

Joysticks Bluetooth ad ATARI 8 bits Computers

Donlupi

Hello, I am "Donlupi", an ATARI project enthusiast. During the last 3 years I have done different projects and tests with ATARI (SIO2MicroSD, SIO2PC, SIO2BT). Some projects are exclusive to me like the one I named "PADDLE - KINECT" (
) that is now in stand by.

Or this project that makes my dear 800XL detect my presence and laugh or cry as the case may be. (
)
I really like to have more time for more things with ATARI ;-)

I wanted to know the requirements to apply for this contest since I have obtained an interface that allows to connect Joysticks of current consoles (Wii, PS3, PS4) in wireless form via bluetooth. This interface works with any console or retrocomputer that has the common 9-pin controller port (Atari 2600, clones, XEGS, Atari ST, 8-bit Atari, Commodore, Sega Master System and similar).
if the sensor is installed inside an ATARI, apart from communicating these joysticks with an eighties device for the first time in history, other functions such as SELECT, OPTION, START and RESET can be accessed in the same joystick without having to be next to it. of the keyboard or console.
Attached Videos:

Video 1:

Atari 800XL "receiving orders" from a Wiimote, note that the BASKETBALL game load is also by bluetooth method too (created by Marcin Sochacki, "Montezuma").

Video 2:
Playing the game Pole Position with a Playstation 4 joystick in the style that Nintendo imposed with its WII console for car games "Mario Kart Wii style" (Moving the car only with tilting the joystick)

Video 3:

Final appearance of the project inside a joystick.

I await your comments.
Greetings.
  • Like 16

I wanted to know the requirements to apply for this contest since I have obtained an interface that allows to connect Joysticks of current consoles (Wii, PS3, PS4) in wireless form via bluetooth. This interface works with any console or retrocomputer that has the common 9-pin controller port (Atari 2600, clones, XEGS, Atari ST, 8-bit Atari, Commodore, Sega Master System and similar).

if the sensor is installed inside an ATARI, apart from communicating these joysticks with an eighties device for the first time in history, other functions such as SELECT, OPTION, START and RESET can be accessed in the same joystick without having to be next to it. of the keyboard or console.

This is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for. A no-nonsense way of using modern controllers - preferably wireless - on Atari-style ports.

Forgive me, but I'm struggling a bit with my interpretation of your English here... Are you saying you built this, bought this, ... ? Is it for sale? Etc.

Hello, excuse my English but my native language is Spanish XD

This is a project of my personal occurrence and I intend to do it for the atarian community if there is interest (I bet it does)

For this reason my question is related to the ABBUC awards, since I am interested in applying. I wanted to know if someone here knows how to do it.

Edited by Donlupi

Hi Dunlopi,

Here you can download a zip file with the rules and registration form of last year (2017): http://www.abbuc.de/mitgliedschaft/downloads/finish/28/1589

I don't think the rules will have a lot of changes for 2018.

Sadly the Abbuc site does not list the rules for this year yet: http://www.abbuc.de/atari/hardware-ressort

According to the German magazine you have to send in your project before July 19th.

Good luck!

By the way, have you seen this topic? http://atariage.com/forums/topic/264831-8bitdo-bluetooth-nes-controllers-on-atari-systems/

Edited by Fred_M