IGNORED

You walk up to a Ms. Pac-Man cabinet. Which hand grabs the joystick?

Also I believe Pads are different than fight sticks. Pads use twin thumbs using more similar motions on both sides compared to the obviously different left and right actions of the joystick and buttons. One has a finger motion, the other has a full arm motion.

Manual-Pump rapid-fire shooters I cpuld make a case for a left hand stick, if firing fast and frequent was more important than aiming/dodging. Street FIghter New CHallengers is so special heavy that if you can exectute your specials a way bigger percentage of the time than your opponent, I would argue the right hand stick. Later combo-heavy fighters I might argue stick left. Ms Pac Man i'd put in right.

In most game I argue that both hands can type on a keyboard. Te fact that either can for the most part can press buttons well, I tend to put the joystick in my dominant hand, which for me is right-handed. NBut I;ve had enough practice on the left where I won't complain too much if not given a choice.

Being free to choose and switch helps, hence i tried to design an ambidextrous stick. I hope someone mass produces an ambidextrous fight stick. If I didn't get mine working, I'd buy one in an instant.

Anyone with an ounce of personal decency knows that arcade games are to be played with the left hand on the stick that controls player motion. Games that force you to do otherwise are aberrations.

Note that I say this as someone who is right-handed but left-eye-dominant, which is an unusual combination. That said, it may explain a few things when it comes to my arcade game primary control preferences.

Anyone with an ounce of personal decency knows that arcade games are to be played with the left hand on the stick that controls player motion. Games that force you to do otherwise are aberrations.

Note that I say this as someone who is right-handed but left-eye-dominant, which is an unusual combination. That said, it may explain a few things when it comes to my arcade game primary control preferences.

So you're in the minority and play Pac-man left-handed.

So you're in the minority and play Pac-man left-handed.

Yep :) It just feels really odd to me to use the right hand for player control.

Mad Planets and Tron are two of my favourite arcade games, but the stick-on-the-right layout on them drives me crazy.