IGNORED

Lynx Diagnostics cart

Igor

I got this Lynx Diagnostic cart recently. The packaging and all is very similar to many of the homebrew titles. It came in a clear plastic fold-together kind of case. There was some printed out labelling with it. The cart works fine and all but what got me a little suspicious are the really fresh looking solder joints. Anyone else out there have one of these carts?

post-54616-0-36004200-1523512801_thumb.jpg

post-54616-0-95217800-1523512812_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This was pretty much what I was expecting, the website not having images of the carts and refusing to provide any because they are 'too busy' is very much a giveaway. Still doesn't answer my previous question though - I'd like to see other diagnostics carts that are out there.

• Like 1

-^Cro§Bow^- - Yeah I agree, and I thought I was buying from a reputable source too - video 61/atarisales.com

Still the cart works and does what it needs to do, which is the reason I wanted it in the first place!

MrBland - I only have a few sealed games, and the ones that are sealed I have a loose cart somewhere :grin:

I got this Lynx Diagnostic cart recently. The packaging and all is very similar to many of the homebrew titles. It came in a clear plastic fold-together kind of case. There was some printed out labelling with it. The cart works fine and all but what got me a little suspicious are the really fresh looking solder joints. Anyone else out there have one of these carts?

attachicon.gifDSC03830.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC03831.JPG

and whats suspicious about it? i bought out of atari hard drives, floppy disks, and e-proms loaded with atari unreleased games for almost all of their systems. if they did not want me to have them, they would not have sold them to me. so your suspicions are what?

i used to provide pics years ago, till i figured out most people do not buy, they wanted the pics for their web sites.

lance

www.atarisales.com

Talked to Lance from Video 61/AtariSales - all is in order, this seems like the real deal. Lance clarified some things and even agreed to an interview, that should hopefully clarify things once and for all, for everyone. I'll share a link to it here once it's done.

attachicon.gifDSC03830.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC03831.JPG

That is one lousy solder job there....

I taught my son how to solder when he was 8 years old.

He did A LOT better than this. A lot.

What does the diagnostic software do ? I downloaded a few of them and run them on my SD card. Since it's just a ROM I can't imagine it does much more ?

Edited by Level42

It tests the system board, sound, screen. I wanted it primarily for the screen output tests. Having it as its own cart is way better than a rom on an SD cart because you can boot right into it and don't need to go through loader menus etc. I was planning to probe the output of the screen which really requires a constant colour fill for the entire image i.e. red on the entire screen so you know what to look for on the output pins. Judging by your certain other mod project you may find this kind of feature helpful :grin:

• Like 1

Mmmm, sounds like the files I have....SD is fine by me :)

Nah, don't think I'll need any diagnostics for that, running games will give enough, in fact, better info... :D

The only problem I have is that I don't own any factory carts anymore....sold them all LOL.

Thankfully I can borrow enough of them for testing :)

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1