Photo

Sega Ages Switch: M2's Sega 3D Classics line coming to the Switch.

29 replies to this topic

#26 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 4,660 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:51 PM

Not bad if you want a download, but the game itself can be had new/used physical at that price pretty easily already.

#27 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 17,466 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:20 PM

I always find it funny, people like Flojo flouting digital downloads, when a game that's been in the discount bin for years is still full price in the eShop, aside from the rare sale.

And that discount on shelf sitting physical goods is still less expensive after you add the cost of the game media, packaging, and distribution. And if you for whatever reason at any time decide you don't like it or don't want it anymore, trade it in for store cred. Not to mention buying physical new or used keeps products in circulation and ensures that stock will available for future retro gamers...  :D

#28 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

Use With Paddle Controllers

• 13,525 posts

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:27 AM

Okay...you buy your cartridges and I'll buy my downloads.

#29 Asaki OFFLINE  

Asaki

River Patroller

• 2,317 posts

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:01 PM

I want the carts, but I don't want to spend $90, especially when I already bought most of the games before they were on cart =|

$15 for Fantasy Zone II and Power Drift? I don't know. Maze Hunter 3D would be interesting to try. It says the Puyo Puyo 2 port is untranslated?

#30 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• 3,336 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:34 PM

Not to turn this thread into another physical vs digital debate, but pros and cons of digital (as I see it):

Pros:

No going to the store, purchase and download any game you want from anywhere you are

You can have a large collection of games on the device at once, no swapping carts

Not having to create carts/packaging and deal with shipping and retail...and still make full retail dollars (this is a Pro for Nintendo that is)

Cons:

You can run out of space on your storage medium and may have to delete games just to install others

You cannot share the game with a friend

You cannot sell the game if you want to

You cannot sell the system with the games (as they are tied to your account) if you want to

You cannot have a physical collection of games on a shelf (if you are a collector)

When the eShop closes shop (it will someday...like the Wii shop) you will not be able to download your purchases again. Just hope you didn't invest a lot over the years ;)

Yeah, the cons are too many for me ;) But, I will purchase cheap digital games (like the Neo Geo stuff, or if a game is under $10) every once in awhile just to play. But no chance in hell if a game is available physically that I would bother paying for it digitally.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users