Photo

Sega Ages Switch: M2's Sega 3D Classics line coming to the Switch.

61 replies to this topic

#51 atarilovesyou OFFLINE  

atarilovesyou

River Patroller

• 2,494 posts

Posted Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:10 PM

Here you go, sweetheart. This one is just for you:
6000198484042.jpg

You're in such a good mood lately, Austin.

Anywho, I don't mind bars...strip bars. Guffaw.

But seriously I have no issue with bars as long as the picture size is good and ratio is close enough to the original. And like everyone else, the marquee art is just a huge hell no. Namco ruined many a classic complilotion with those..and the lack of an option to turn them off.

The Switch is looking closer and closer to finding its way to my house this Christmas.

#52 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 5,331 posts

Posted Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 PM

Switch version or not, it's just like a more extended version of an old arcade bezel artwork.  Hating on that seems fairly petty.

#53 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Doofus

• 14,574 posts

Posted Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:58 PM

Hating on that seems fairly petty.

Welcome :dunce: to :dunce: the :dunce: internet!

#54 Atariboy OFFLINE  

Atariboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,556 posts
  • River Raider

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:23 PM

Sonic & Thunder Force 4 are now available in North America.

#55 Atariboy OFFLINE  

Atariboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,556 posts
  • River Raider

Posted Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:14 AM

Virtua Racing :)

https://www.eurogame...g-to-the-switch

Not too big of a surprise with this one. M2 had started work on this for the 3DS and gotten quite a ways through it when it was a leading candidate for winning one of their fan polls, before it ultimately lost out. So not only was it familiar territory for them, but it also probably was nagging at them a bit that they hadn't wrapped it up.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that Turbo Outrun has to wait in the hope that there's a 2nd round of these (Another game they're familiar with thanks to a Japanese exclusive 3DS release). As neat as Outrun with all the M2 bells and whistles and the first truly arcade perfect home conversion of Virtua Racing are, it's really fresh territory like Turbo Outrun that I want to see the most.

Three racers out of 15 releases in wave 1 doesn't seem inordinate to me when they're such a big part of Sega's arcade heritage, so I'm crossing my fingers we belatedly get a M2 port of Turbo Outrun sooner rather than later. Still four more games left to announce out of wave 1.

• Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Master System)
  • Columns II (Arcade)
  • Gain Ground (Arcade)
  • Outrun (Arcade)
  • Phantasy Star (Master System)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
  • Space Harrier (Arcade)
  • Thunder Force III (Genesis)
  • Thunder Force IV (Genesis)
  • Virtua Racing (Arcade)

Edited by Atariboy, Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:46 AM.

#56 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Doofus

• 14,574 posts

Posted Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:04 AM

I came here to post that but you're way ahead of me. I love Virtua Racing and I'm sure they'll do right by it. It would be cool if they could make the Deluxe tracks from 32X in the arcade engine.

Dare I dream they could do Star Wars, too? That doesn't emulate well and the 32X version isn't great.

#57 Atariboy OFFLINE  

Atariboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,556 posts
  • River Raider

Posted Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 PM

I'm wondering about the added content from the various home ports, too.

If it was anyone else other than M2, I'd automatically dismiss such a notion. But with M2 behind the reigns, it really wouldn't shock me to see a selection of tracks included here that were lifted from old console versions.

Edited by Atariboy, Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:26 PM.

#58 Atariboy OFFLINE  

Atariboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,556 posts
  • River Raider

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:18 PM

Incidentally, I believe Virtua Fighter 1 was also started by M2 when it was a top 3 candidate in an old poll that Sega ran in Japan.

As I recall, it started lagging behind early on so didn't progress as far as Virtua Racing did (Perhaps 15% instead of VR's 50%). But it's a possible look into what's around the corner considering that it rates well in fan polls, Virtua Racing runs on the same hardware, and M2 has some familiarity with its inner workings thanks to starting on a 3DS conversion of it.

While I personally would skip it, I imagine it would be a popular choice (We've never had an arcade perfect home port) and a somewhat easier one for M2 compared to some other in-demand games. 

Edited by Atariboy, Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:23 PM.

#59 roots.genoa OFFLINE  

roots.genoa

Star Raider

• 75 posts

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:07 AM

I really hope we'll see more arcade versions such as Virtua Fighter, SEGA Rally, The House of the Dead and Virtual-On - Joy-cons would be perfect for the latter! :love:
And it's also time for some Saturn games to be finally re-released: Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Die Hard Arcade (one of my all-time favorites) minus the licensing... And I know Guardian Heroes was released on the Xbox 360 but I never got that system.

#60 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel

River Patroller

• 4,703 posts

Posted Sat Oct 6, 2018 12:48 PM

Out of curiosity, does Sega Ages: Lightening Force still have the 99 ships option?

#61 roots.genoa OFFLINE  

roots.genoa

Star Raider

• 75 posts

Posted Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:50 PM

Out of curiosity, does Sega Ages: Lightening Force still have the 99 ships option?

I'm not sure but it didn't work when I tried...

#62 Atariboy OFFLINE  

Atariboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,556 posts
  • River Raider

Posted Thu Nov 1, 2018 9:59 PM

Looks good. :)

27_o.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users