Photo

Interest check - Intellivision box cartridge retention (custom)

31 replies to this topic

#1 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,874 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 PM

Custom made cartridge retention for Intellivision box/cart.

Some boxes you may have dont have a cart holder. Test box, CC3, overlays, custom box, etc

How many would you be interested in and a price point (minus shipping)

Shipped assembled? A32E68D6-71B5-47F1-A7A9-692A08A250A6.jpeg

#2 Intymike OFFLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 2,839 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:46 PM

Count me in.

Could be shipped in unassembled condition.

#3 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

Intellivoted

• 2,538 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:48 PM

to me, preferably shipped assembled. I'll need about ten of those

#4 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,797 posts
  • Running out of things to buy.

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:45 PM

Count me in.
Could be shipped in unassembled condition.

Be careful what you wish for. If Rev ships them unassembled I am certain he will insist on including a YouTube video showing him assembling them and I just want to warn you that he assembles most boxes while nude. Just sayin.

#5 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 806 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:03 PM

Be careful what you wish for. If Rev ships them unassembled I am certain he will insist on including a YouTube video showing him assembling them and I just want to warn you that he assembles most boxes while nude. Just sayin.

81086591.jpg

#6 SoundGammon OFFLINE  

SoundGammon

Stargunner

• 1,263 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:27 PM

81086591.jpg

A bug could be a feature!

#7 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,833 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 PM

I can't think of any boxes I have that don't already have these installed. Who made boxes without?

#8 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• Topic Starter
  • 15,874 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:24 PM

I can't think of any boxes I have that don't already have these installed. Who made boxes without?

Cuttle Cart box

cbs overlay pack

coleco box reissues

atari box reissues

imagic box reissues

collectorvision (these have styrofoam, but ive replaced mine)

mte test box

2017 hockey (hatman, steve jones)

lock n chase (hatman)

various hatman boxes

yeah, i think only REAL collectors would want these. You amatuer!

Edited by Rev, Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:27 PM.

#9 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,833 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:10 PM

Lol, I'm missing most of those. I think I've lost my edge. Sure, I'd probably buy some inserts :D
  • Rev likes this

#10 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• Topic Starter
  • 15,874 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:33 PM

I think Mthompson will be along shortly with a solution!

#11 Intymike OFFLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 2,839 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:46 PM

So, you mean he will do a instruction video or rather he will come over and assemble them at my home?!

#12 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 3,004 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:36 PM

Cuttle Cart box

cbs overlay pack

coleco box reissues

atari box reissues

imagic box reissues

mte test box

lock n chase (hatman)

various hatman boxes

And the trading card series boxes as well.

#13 mthompson ONLINE  

mthompson

Dragonstomper

• 763 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:57 PM

Rev said I should post my template for a do-it-yourself cartridge holder, so here it is.

You can print this out on regular paper if you want and then transfer the template to your choice of card stock. Just make sure you print it at 100 percent actual size.

If you want to print directly onto your holder material, 100 lb. card stock is about the thickest that will go through most laser printers. That's not as heavy as a regular box, but it'll get the job done.

Oh, and Rev said that he'd personally come and help anyone who has trouble cutting and pasting (clothing optional).

Attached Files

#14 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• Topic Starter
  • 15,874 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:39 PM

Rev said I should post my template for a do-it-yourself cartridge holder, so here it is.

You can print this out on regular paper if you want and then transfer the template to your choice of card stock. Just make sure you print it at 100 percent actual size.

If you want to print directly onto your holder material, 100 lb. card stock is about the thickest that will go through most laser printers. That's not as heavy as a regular box, but it'll get the job done.

Oh, and Rev said that he'd personally come and help anyone who has trouble cutting and pasting (clothing optional).

Thanks! Yours is a much more professional looking holder!

#15 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

Intellivoted

• 2,538 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:12 PM

Cuttle Cart box
cbs overlay pack
coleco box reissues
atari box reissues
imagic box reissues
mte test box
lock n chase (hatman)
various hatman boxes

also Robot Rubble and League of Light, if you don't have already trasformed into Activision-like boxes. To do so we should cut the top flap and I've never had the courage to do it

EDIT: do the1hatman boxes not have not only the cart holder but also a pocket for manual and overlays and in one case the dum-dum lollipop holder? :D

Edited by intellivotion, Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 PM.

#16 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,833 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:15 PM

also Robot Rubble and League of Light, if you don't have already trasformed in Activision-like boxes. To do so we should cut the top flap and I've never had the courage to do it

Yeah, I don't have those :(

#17 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,430 posts

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:03 AM

Interested in 1 cartridge holder

#18 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 806 posts

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 AM

also Robot Rubble and League of Light, if you don't have already trasformed into Activision-like boxes. To do so we should cut the top flap and I've never had the courage to do it

EDIT: do the1hatman boxes not have not only the cart holder but also a pocket for manual and overlays and in one case the dum-dum lollipop holder? :D

Yes. All my boxes, including the Lock 'N' Chase 8K update, have cart retention similar to original Coleco boxes with a pocket to hold manuals and overlays. They could be used inside the boxes that Rev listed above but his or mthompson's versions would be much easier to install since you just have to drop them in once you glue/tape them together.

Before installation:

03.jpg

How they are mounted:

Blix_Inside.jpg

Completed box:

SPFBinside.jpg

My version requires an open box or for you to open the factory sealed side to install these. I very much recommend using Rev or mthompson's versions as they will be MUCH easier to put together. You may want to use double sided tape instead of glue though. No mess and no waiting for it to dry.

#19 mjarnold7 OFFLINE  

mjarnold7

Dragonstomper

• 853 posts

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:24 PM

I'd take a few

#20 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 5,766 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:44 AM

Worth noting that unless there is something wrong with mine, my Diner box doesn't have an insert of any kind within it and came that way. So i do believe some later intellivision releases didn't include inserts for the carts. 

#21 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 806 posts

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:29 AM

Worth noting that unless there is something wrong with mine, my Diner box doesn't have an insert of any kind within it and came that way. So i do believe some later intellivision releases didn't include inserts for the carts. 

I'd have to see some pics of the inside of the box towards the bottom but I don't believe there were any original boxes that were released that way. I have seen several where the cart retention piece had been torn out which is what happened to the Super Pro Football box I posted above. If that is the case with yours, you could take the retention part out of a common game box and glue/tape into your Diner box. I have no doubt this could even be done in such a way that it would not show much, if at all, that a repair had been done.

#22 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 4,511 posts

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:11 PM

Thanks for supplying this mt, it shouldnt be to hard for people to make these for themselves now.

Cheers

Edited by m-crew, Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 PM.

#23 Ambrosine OFFLINE  

Ambrosine

Space Invader

• 45 posts

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:26 PM

Yes please

#24 GenetixJ OFFLINE  

GenetixJ

Moonsweeper

• 416 posts
  • 8-bit pharmacy

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:16 PM

And how much extra does this cost??

#25 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,914 posts

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:43 PM

These look interesting for the various boxes that don't have retention or others where it's trashed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users