IGNORED

The Official PSP Thread!

Have been playing my PSP today. I played Little Big Planet. I guess a big part of the game is that you need to explore stuff and find stuff out that way. But sometimes it gets frustrating. I have a question. My copy is a Greatest Hits version. If I find and buy a copy of Little Big Planet that ISN'T a Greatest Hits version, would my save progress still work?

I have been liking the PSP the more I play it. Although I do think the fact that they put movies on a disc is a little dorky idea. I mean did anyone actually sit and watch an entire movie on a PSP?

Yup. I secretly love The Day After Tomorrow and have watched it three times on UMD. :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

2018? What the heck! The poor PSP can't get no respect.

My 2001 model recently developed some bad issues: yellow stripes all across the screen (or maybe the red pixels are all dead). That would be tolerable, but what's worse is that it occasionally thinks I hit the menu button when I press the d-pad. It happens enough that it's intolerable - I'll be cruising along in Star Soldier or trekking across the world in Ys and all of a sudden the popup appears and totally shakes me out of my immersion. Sometimes it happens three times in a minute.

The battery in this one inflated big time before I noticed it, though it had no trouble for years until I replaced it.

Is there anybody who services these things? Or is mine just dead and unsalvageable?

Also, I notice that on both my 1001 and 2001 units, it forgets the date and time when the battery dies. Does it have an embedded button cell for the clock or does it just use the system battery? If a button cell burst that could explain what happened to the 2001...

I’m pretty sure it just uses the system battery, but it’s been awhile since I played my PSP. I tend to play most PSP games on the Vita these days.

Has there been any new decent batteries released for the PSP? I only have a couple functioning originals and I hear the current 3rd party ones are pretty bad.

The current 3rd party ones are REALLY bad ?

One replacement battery I got is okay. The other one, which claimed to be much higher capacity, was useless junk that died after a couple hours.

I haven’t ripped PSP games in fully 10 years. Is it still as agonizingly slow as it was? My “good” PSP’s drive seems to be failing, either that or Ys Ark of Napishtim is really hard on it.

Speaking of Ys Ark of Napishtim, it does not like the giant SD cards I have plugged into a MemoryStick adapter. It won’t save :(

Say, shouldn’t this thread be in the modern gaming forum?