Photo

Hard Hat Mack

10 replies to this topic

#1 ChuckH OFFLINE  

ChuckH

Chopper Commander

• 222 posts

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 PM

This is one of Electronic Arts first games and a very nice one of its' time. It is bundled in The Best Of Electronic Arts with Pinball Construction Set for Adam. I think it could easily be a cart for ColecoVision. There are versions for Apple, Amstrad, etc. I don't know how hard it would be but I would think it could be separated out. I finished it on the first level way back but I needed the unlimited lives code to do it. The code escapes me right now. I've played it on Amstrad CPC also.

Please, someone do it.

#2 imstarryeyed OFFLINE  

imstarryeyed

Moonsweeper

• 412 posts

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:16 AM

Oy I forgot how much I like that game.. here are my suggestions for an excellent Coleco games too..

In case you did not see Hard Hack Mack.. here is a video of the Apple II version, but I used to play it a lot on a Commodore 64

I would also like to suggest the game ... Wizard ..that was on the Commodore 64

It was a lot like Jumpman and Jumpman Jr., it differed in that you can cast spells and shoot, all in all an outstanding game..

Of course I would love to see the original Jumpman or the Jumpman Collection with either both or all 3 of these games would be amazing..

I would also say the arcade game ... The Pit would be a great game to see on Colecovision...

It's a little part dig dug, part boulderdash and all great with the tank on the top right of the screen shooting the hill away on the top right to blow up your ride home.. haha

Just to stay on topic.. Hard Hat Mack is one of those games I would love to play again on a Colecovision, 7800 or Intellivision.

#3 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,906 posts

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:30 AM

Looks like a job for Mystery Man re. a possible port of the ADAM version of H.H.M. to CV cart. Unlike A.E., which was developed by Coleco programmers originally as a CV cart before being released for the ADAM as part of "The Best of Broderbund", H.H.M. was developed solely as an ADAM program so porting it will take a little more effort and possibly the SGM for extra RAM.

I firget now... does the ADAM version contain all the original screens from the Apple version?

#4 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 7,884 posts

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:46 AM

Doesn't CollectorVision have dibs on Hard Hat Mack? Perhaps I'm just confusing this with another pending CollectorVision project...

#5 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 26,896 posts

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:38 AM

I firget now... does the ADAM version contain all the original screens from the Apple version?

Yes it has all three screens.  To me the ADAM version lacks polish and it's too hard compared to the Apple/Atari versions.  

#6 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• 1,312 posts

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:02 PM

Yep, used to play on Apple II, don't remember it being in color, looks awesome...

#7 ColecoDan OFFLINE  

ColecoDan

Stargunner

• 1,819 posts

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:46 AM

I always played Conan: Hall of Volta on the Apple II.

I don't know though it might have only been hard and fun because you had to use the keyboard.  It might be too easy on coleco with a controller.

conan13.jpg

Conan_Hall_of_Volta.png

There are more screens but no need to see all pictures.

#8 imstarryeyed OFFLINE  

imstarryeyed

Moonsweeper

• 412 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:23 PM

Oh I remember Conan it was great! It was the same company that made The Goonies and Zorro.

Zorro was on like Apple, Atari and C64  

Goonies I played on C64 but was made for other systems too..

Datasoft also was the one who made the famous Bruce Lee game...

I have to say all of those "puzzle platforming" games were just great!

Again so many great games that would be amazing on any of the "-vision" systems

#9 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• 1,848 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 PM

Doesn't CollectorVision have dibs on Hard Hat Mack? Perhaps I'm just confusing this with another pending CollectorVision project...

You're thinking of Hard Hat.  An Exidy arcade game that runs off the same Mouse Trap/Pepper II/Venture hardware.  Super fun game, but very different from the EA game...

#10 rodge2001 OFFLINE  

rodge2001

Star Raider

• 56 posts

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:40 PM

I love reading these message boards and discovering so many games that I didn't have the privilege of playing myself at the time such as all the ones listed above.  I'd be happy if any of those were brought over to the ColecoVision.  

You're thinking of Hard Hat.  An Exidy arcade game that runs off the same Mouse Trap/Pepper II/Venture hardware.  Super fun game, but very different from the EA game...

I was unaware of that 1982 "Hard Hat" arcade game until now.  Wow so Hard Hat arcade 1982 was the basis for the obscure & rare 1986 ColecoVision game "Amazing Bumpman" released by TeleGames AKA the unreleased Sunrise Software 1984 game "Number Bumper". 

#11 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Stargunner

• 1,413 posts

Posted Tue May 8, 2018 5:23 PM

I love reading these message boards and discovering so many games that I didn't have the privilege of playing myself at the time such as all the ones listed above.  I'd be happy if any of those were brought over to the ColecoVision.  

I was unaware of that 1982 "Hard Hat" arcade game until now.  Wow so Hard Hat arcade 1982 was the basis for the obscure & rare 1986 ColecoVision game "Amazing Bumpman" released by TeleGames AKA the unreleased Sunrise Software 1984 game "Number Bumper". 

Then theres Hard Head, the $5000 eBay proto for the 2600. The character looks like it could be the brother of the Hard Hat character.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfHyALMe718

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users