IGNORED

SNK 40 Anniversary plug and play Neo Geo console announced

I'm interested in it still, but as it is now for that price with what they did, it's a wait. Either I find one second hand for half the going rate (not likely) or someone hacks it and the game list can be corrected then I'd be all in.

I chose to look at it this way... it's probably selling now for half what the going rate will be in a couple years! (Don't believe me? Look at what the Neo Geo X is selling for now. Yikes!)

I do understand where NG veterans might be disappointed with the selection, as are people looking for specific titles that are missing. But as a NeoGeo newbie, I'm completely happy with the game selection... it has many of what seem to be generally considered to be the must-haves for the platform, and I'll probably never have the time to really master even a significant fraction of those games!

No, believe you I do entirely. I've followed SNK for years and almost popped on the NGX a few times but never did so I know where it goes despite its problems.

I dislike pi stuff so I don't bother. I have a real cabinet and around 30 carts for it as it is. I'm fine using android if need be with neo.emu too and have for travel with my game dumps on it. So it's more of an awesome fluff piece, and I'm patient.

That Data East 10" box was $99 when it hit, and I sleuthed a deal on ebay for 50% off, and on a day they had a coupon going which made it $45 shipped. Maybe it'll be $40-50 at a low in time, or it's limited enough it'll creep higher too. There's no harm in hoping timing works out, and if it doesn't, oh well, it's not a loss. I think the one pisser would be Twinkle Star Sprites as I don't have it but it's not necessary either. But I'd be happy to pay the full price too, if someone found an easy stupid hakchi level of easiness way to put a set of games on there of my choice. I'd remove the junk, keep it still to like 40 or 50 tops, and make the list solid like it should have been. I'd easily take the US list, add the 14 Japanese exclusive, and remove a few turds like football frenzy and top players golf (for NTM) and be fine by it.

• Like 1

But I'd be happy to pay the full price too, if someone found an easy stupid hakchi level of easiness way to put a set of games on there of my choice. I'd remove the junk, keep it still to like 40 or 50 tops, and make the list solid like it should have been. I'd easily take the US list, add the 14 Japanese exclusive, and remove a few turds like football frenzy and top players golf (for NTM) and be fine by it.

That does sound pretty sweet... here's hoping an easy-to-use hack does appear as it did for the Nintendo minis!

• Like 1

So I decided to unpack mine. I did it right in front of my two year old granddaughter lol. She was EXCITED!!! So, I had to teach her to only use the round buttons lol, and her left hand stays on the joystick. She played some Metal Slug. It was adorable to say the least lol.

• Like 2