IGNORED

Battlezone Gold edition announced (non-VR)

zzip

Polybius, Eve Valkyrie, Star Trek:Bridge Crew, and now Battlezone have been patched/re-released to remove the PSVR requirement. Are there any major PSVR exclusives left?

Farpoint, Rush of Blood, RIGs, Moss..

Battlezone is cool in VR, but I'm not sure I'd ever bother to boot up a non-VR version of the game (too many other games to play)

Battlezone is cool in VR, but I'm not sure I'd ever bother to boot up a non-VR version of the game (too many other games to play)

I'd tend to agree. The VR aspect is kind of what makes it worth playing. With that said, I think it makes good business sense to release as many VR games in non-VR form as possible. You'd have to think the vast majority of the work is already done, so no reason to limit yourself.

I'd tend to agree. The VR aspect is kind of what makes it worth playing. With that said, I think it makes good business sense to release as many VR games in non-VR form as possible. You'd have to think the vast majority of the work is already done, so no reason to limit yourself.

True, and I don't think having non-VR versions are going to hurt VR sales. People seem to buy VR more to play VR versions of established games like Skyrim, Resident Evil and Wipeout.

I doubt many people bought a PSVR just to play Battlezone

True, and I don't think having non-VR versions are going to hurt VR sales. People seem to buy VR more to play VR versions of established games like Skyrim, Resident Evil and Wipeout.

Absolutely. And frankly, unless there's a distinct reason for a game to be in VR, as in the concept only working in VR, the best bet is to probably do what many other games do and just release regular games with VR sub-modes. I may be in the minority, but I only like playing VR in shorter bursts anyway, so a game that only provides a lower number of play hours in VR is just fine with me.

Absolutely. And frankly, unless there's a distinct reason for a game to be in VR, as in the concept only working in VR, the best bet is to probably do what many other games do and just release regular games with VR sub-modes. I may be in the minority, but I only like playing VR in shorter bursts anyway, so a game that only provides a lower number of play hours in VR is just fine with me.

Yes, as long as its a well-implemented VR mode, and not half-assed.

For example the VR mode for Wipeout that recently came out is well-done and many people consider it to be the best game on PSVR currently.

For me, PSVR is too expensive to consider buying as an enhancement for games that I can already play on a standard PS4. I've considered getting one, but can't justify the cost vs the number of PSVR exclusives that I'd want to play. The list of exclusives keeps shrinking...

• Like 1

For me, PSVR is too expensive to consider buying as an enhancement for games that I can already play on a standard PS4. I've considered getting one, but can't justify the cost vs the number of PSVR exclusives that I'd want to play. The list of exclusives keeps shrinking...

IDK VR at this point is about the experience, not about whether you can play the same games flat screen.

A shooter in VR, you literally aim your weapon and fire, no fiddling with a thumbstick trying to get the crosshair in the right spot. You can do things not easy in a traditional game. Like lean out the car window to get a better shot at the motorcyclists firing at out as in London Heist.

Driving games are a little easier as spatially they make more sense in VR than they do on a flat screen.

It kind of reminds me of the early days of consoles. We are just learning what works as VR games and what doesn't.

Also the cost has come down, Sony has had some great sales. I could never justify paying $399 for it, but I got mine recently for $185 with the sale price and a discount coupon.

• Like 1