No one wants to give my Pickle any love ! Sorry , couldn't resist:).
Anyway, thought I would post in this forum now that it is getting pretty close to complete. Maybe somebody will have someone to play 2 Player games with at some point. If you are like me it is hard to find someone interested.
Thought about going for animations/ better graphics, but that would require 2 line kernel which I am a bit scared of. So for now it will be modeled after very early system titles in the hope that gameplay is fun.
Again, this is based on a game I used to play as a kid.
The intention is a simple, 2K style 2-player game.
Object: Runner must steal as many bases as possible without being tagged out.
- First player to 20 pts ( 10 steals) wins.
1. The runner must be tagged with the ball while off base. Then the players switch roles AND MUST ALSO SWITCH JOYSTICKS.
2. While throwing, if the joystick is pressed up or down, the top and bottom throwers, respectively , will return to their bases after throwing. Otherwise they will stay in place.
3. Throwers cannot cross the midway line.
4. Thrower cannot stall------ must throw every 20 seconds
5. Runner must steal a base every 60 seconds
6. First one to steal 10 bases win
7. runner's initial lead off toward destination base is limited while that base's thrower holds ball
8. Occasional Random throwing errors will happen.
9. Runner will occasionally "fall" ( color will turn black and will be immobilized).
10. Ball can get "lost in the gutter." This happens in one spot if the catcher misses the ball. Play will reset after the 20 second throw timer expires ( this is a bug cover-up)
Again, if anyone gets a chance to play with a second player and has any feedback it would be appreciated!
Edited by easmith, Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:11 PM.