IGNORED

Three questions

I have two questions from Steve and Bill at Intellivision, and one for myself.

1) Me first! How do I pop the back off a cartridge shell? There are no screws, but I can't seem to pry it with a screwdriver either.

2) Is there any documentation available regarding the Intellivision RGB color palette?

3) I know there was a thread not long ago that has some good info about making top-close boxes, but is there like, a possibility of getting a template of the shape of the box itself, with the cartridge holder if it has one? They would like to price compare gatefold vs. top close boxes, but they don't have a file they could send to a printer for a top close. If I'm pushing my luck on that I'm sorry, but I figured the worst anyone could say is no.

• Like 1

There won't be a minimum order size, at least. The printer they work with is super cool. (And I'm not just saying that because they have an old dog who says hi to you when you walk in, although that's probably like 50 - 60% of it in my case.)

Thank you folks for even working on this stuff!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

There won't be a minimum order size, at least. The printer they work with is super cool. (And I'm not just saying that because they have an old dog who says hi to you when you walk in, although that's probably like 50 - 60% of it in my case.)

Have you reached out to Revolutionika or Electronite? I am sure they would be more than happy to help. They have the expertise to make incredible boxes.

• Like 1

I think Elektronite might've sent box samples to Steve, because we had the shape for a gatefold we needed to request a price quote. Everything seems to have worked out though - I emailed samples of the two different styles and took a couple of my own old junk boxes over for them to pick apart to see what we're talking about. Haven't heard back yet.

I would be so sad if the printer ruined one of those. I dropped off an empty top-close Auto Racing and a grubby gatefold Poker they're free to have their way with. Thank you though, that's really, really nice. :) The cart holder in the Intellivision Inc. box is a little different, but it's probably about the same length overall.

That's just one of Oliver's repro boxes that sell in sets of 6 on intellivision.us: http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/boxes/boxes.php

They're about $10 each new, and are a near perfect match size-wise of the originals.

I have several left over and was going to try and list them for $5 each or so...I'd just send one to you for nothing, no biggie :)

The cart retainer is in the top half of the box instead of the bottom half like in the originals, I never liked opening the top, maybe the design can be flipped/reversed to more closely match the 1983/I.I/INTV boxes?

...link doesn't seem to be working...

Edited by Certifiable
  • Like 1