IGNORED

Need .hfe formatted by HFDC

mizapf

Hi Beery,

thanks, but sorry, no, there is nothing on the track except for a gap spanning the whole track. You can easily check this with my tool:

java AnalyseHFE DSDD2.hfe 0 0 sect

and then try the other options (raw, cell, byte).

Just an update to the tool. I should mention that it can show the contents of non-standard disks like Diskassembler.

• raw = track bytes from the HFE file
  • cell = FM/MFM cells encoding
  • byte = cells interpreted as bytes, showing address marks
  • sect = show layout of the track, including sector contents.

Eventually, I will add this tool to TIImageTool.

Amazing job!

One more thing to try: Just go for the 80 tracks, don't try to make it 40 tracks. However, I don't know whether you have to configure something on your HxC.

Alternatively, if anyone happens to have a HFDC-formatted disk and a Kryoflux, we could create an image from the floppy disk.

I've always used premade images and never tried formatting one. Come to think of it, Falcor tried formatting one on his Myarc and Gotek and the resulting image he said was unreadable. HxC bug?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

From the author of HxC:

The discussion on atari age is confusing. Is the problem occurring with a particular controller ? Also : On some machines the write speed of the usb stick / sdcard may be important. Some machines don't like the write latency introduced by the flash memory (sdcard or usb stick...). In these cases there is no choice, you must have a good sdcard / usb stick.

Anyway would be nice if you can share the HFE files after the failed attempts. (Please also note that an new gotek firmware is available that may fix some write issues)

From the author of HxC:

The discussion on atari age is confusing. Is the problem occurring with a particular controller ? Also : On some machines the write speed of the usb stick / sdcard may be important. Some machines don't like the write latency introduced by the flash memory (sdcard or usb stick...). In these cases there is no choice, you must have a good sdcard / usb stick.

Anyway would be nice if you can share the HFE files after the failed attempts. (Please also note that an new gotek firmware is available that may fix some write issues)

On the first page of this thread, I posted a file, DSDD.HFE, that contains my attempt at formatting. I am using a SDHC Class 4 SD card, 16 gb

I was formatting with the Myarc HFDC.

• Like 1

I'm using a actual lotherek drive

From the author of HxC:

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I’m going to try again this weekend when I have some cycles. Plus, I’m going to read Beery’s disk with my Kryoflux and translate that into a HFE.

Going to run some speed tests on my flash sticks to see how fast they are in a USB 2 port.