IGNORED

Baby Pac-Man

PacManPlus

Watching the video, this really is shaping up nicely. You've put some excellent work into the game.

One thing I noticed: the video shows it playing on video only, arcade AI. Which arcade game (and, if possible, version) is the AI based on? Grouping the ghosts seems very easy, which is why I'm curious.

Used to own a Baby Pac-Man. Love the game, but it was much harder than those options allowed!

I was just joking, I have no idea what Baby Pac-Man cart you guys are looking at. :)

He might not have this up yet but he pirates tons of all of our works all the time.

Any code that has been posted here on AtariAge you bet your ass he's copied

and sold it on ebay and will keep doing so without remorse. I've tried in the past

to get fake copies of games by Walter, Bob, Ken(rip), Matthias and myself to be taken down in

every way possible but nothing ever received any action. and he's selling pirate

copies of games for $40 and $50 (sometimes more) that the "real" ones where

only ever sold for $20 or $30 for God's sake :(

EDIT: He even has the balls to print AtariAge on some of the labels. Albert

and I talked about it. Dude tried to say it was just a "replacement label" which

was proven as total BS after he's sold 5 of them that way.

• Like 1

...Love the game, but it was much harder than those options allowed!

Nice job, Trebor - although it's amazing the difference there will be once I make them reverse direction at will like the arcade does...

As Bob stated above, there is no reverse direction at will of the monsters yet.

The vid only mode shown automatically fills in all the energizers at the start of the game/maze, instead of needing to earn them on the pinball playfield.

The final/full Arcade game experience will include the monsters reversing direction at will and the need to earn energizers. A much harder game, indeed. :)

He might not have this up yet but he pirates tons of all of our works all the time.

and sold it on ebay and will keep doing so without remorse. I've tried in the past

to get fake copies of games by Walter, Bob, Ken(rip), Matthias and myself to be taken down in

every way possible but nothing ever received any action. and he's selling pirate

and I talked about it. Dude tried to say it was just a "replacement label" which

Yep, I've already had my run-ins with him and asked him to take down the games I have done.

Watching the video, this really is shaping up nicely. You've put some excellent work into the game.

One thing I noticed: the video shows it playing on video only, arcade AI. Which arcade game (and, if possible, version) is the AI based on? Grouping the ghosts seems very easy, which is why I'm curious.

Used to own a Baby Pac-Man. Love the game, but it was much harder than those options allowed!

'Arcade' AI is the monsters' acting like they do in the arcade game Baby Pac-Man - they all target you, and can reverse direction at will (implemented soon). 'Classic' AI is the monsters' acting like the other Pac-Variant games (i.e. Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, etc.) Red = Blinky, Green = Pinky, Aqua = Inky, and Yellow = Clyde.

Do your MCP carts don't work anymore? I'll send you a new one.

Actually, I do still have them... I just can't remember how to use them :( I need to find the thread where you explain it...

My 7800 is actually on the other end of the house with the TV... I need to put a laptop in there...

Thank you again for those, BTW...

Thanks guys!

Edited by PacManPlus

Ok - got the divide by 6 figured out, and it looks like that WAS the slowdown issue. I made it a table read instead of computing it. Much faster.

Next Version attached here. There should be no slowdown.

@groundtrooper: I may come back to Defender, but once this is finished I'd like to get back to "ReZolve" or "Adventure III: The Race for The Chalice" first.

Thanks guys-

Hi Bob

Adventure 3

Amazing.....i could help with lots of ideas

Just keep me informed......Adventure 3 will be

the best 7800 game ever....

I bought a Touchdown Challenge from him because I stupidly just assumed it was ok'ed by Atarius Maximus. I went to compliment Atarius on the game in the programmer forum and he was surprised/upset to see someone was selling it. I don't think the game was ever mentioned here outside the programming forum so Voltman sure looks all over for things to pirate.

Also, Touchdown Challenge is an awesome game you all should try (even though I feel kinda dirty when I look at my cart--Atarius wouldn't even take 20$ from me, good dude).

Back on topic, as always, Bob is killing it. I'm not even a big Pac fan but this looks awesome.

• Like 2

I bought a Touchdown Challenge from him because I stupidly just assumed it was ok'ed by Atarius Maximus. I went to compliment Atarius on the game in the programmer forum and he was surprised/upset to see someone was selling it. I don't think the game was ever mentioned here outside the programming forum so Voltman sure looks all over for things to pirate.

Also, Touchdown Challenge is an awesome game you all should try (even though I feel kinda dirty when I look at my cart--Atarius wouldn't even take 20$ from me, good dude).

Back on topic, as always, Bob is killing it. I'm not even a big Pac fan but this looks awesome.

I never buy any homebrews from ebay. Always buy from atariage or the developers on atariage that way you know it is legit.

I check out programming forum and the main 7800 forum. The hacks section has tons of stuff too that people make like the 70 different pac man hacks.

You have to give Bob lots of credit for putting up roms for people to try out and test. Lots of programmers do not do that for fear of everyone making money off their work and selling copies.

I think for the most part people are decent enough to respect the programmers and buy the games from a legit source.

A suggestion to anyone when they see any homebrew game for any system before buying is to reasearch the game and buy from the rightfull owner not some con C$%T.

OT: This game so far looks arcade accurate to me. The graphics look amazing! That 320 mode kicks ass!

• Like 5

I never buy any homebrews from ebay. Always buy from atariage or the developers on atariage that way you know it is legit.

I check out programming forum and the main 7800 forum. The hacks section has tons of stuff too that people make like the 70 different pac man hacks.

Since buying Touchdown Challenge, whenever that is an option, that is what I do, I always like to support the store anyway even if it costs me a few bucks more.

With things where it isn't an option (limited run games from here mainly where if you missed the thread, you basically missed out, maybe forever), I now at least check the provenance first. I'm still hoping someone sells off one of those first 7800 30th anniversary carts someday.... ;-)

• Like 3

Since buying Touchdown Challenge, whenever that is an option, that is what I do, I always like to support the store anyway even if it costs me a few bucks more.

With things where it isn't an option (limited run games from here mainly where if you missed the thread, you basically missed out, maybe forever), I now at least check the provenance first. I'm still hoping someone sells off one of those first 7800 30th anniversary carts someday.... ;-)

You and I both. I have #2. I just need numero UNO.

• Like 1

Actually, I do still have them... I just can't remember how to use them :( I need to find the thread where you explain it...

My 7800 is actually on the other end of the house with the TV... I need to put a laptop in there...

Thank you again for those, BTW...

Thanks guys!

Are you kidding me? I implemented the whole command line interface just for you, so you can do a batch file to assemble and run immediately, it even has delta mode, so when you change only a few lines of code, it will only upload sections of the ROM. :lol:

• Like 3

Made some changes:

- All video portion sounds are added/changed. Some may not be as close as they should be, but I like them. Still need the intro tune though.

- Added a delay before each maze

- Fixed a bug where if the 2nd player advances, the 1st player was getting the new dot formation. Yuck.

- Added a '2' life option, like the arcade game.

- Implemented all options, except the 'Pinball Only' (obviously)

- Added a little arrow flashing by the score to designate which player is playing.

- A few other little bug fixes/optimizations.

- The 'Classic' Monster AI is implemented: Red-Blinky, Green-Pinky, Aqua-Inky, Yellow-Clyde.

I'm getting close to the point where I need to start working on the pinball section. I have 20K of space for it.

Was going through the manual... my God there are a lot of 'rules' to the pinball part. This is going to be challenging to say the least.

Although you won't see it yet, I've implemented the tunnel speed for the player. The only problem is moving at the higher speeds makes the player pass right by a monster if it is in the tunnel. This is because I am moving at multiple pixels per frame. Need to figure out how to still check all places between each movement.

Trebor, time for another video (j/k)

Bob

BabyPac.A78

BabyPac.BIN

• Like 5