- supports CAR files up to 1MB (most bankswitching types are implemented, if you have any dump for type that is unsupported, let me know)
- supports XEX files
- supports ATR files (read/write) - support is limited due to cartridge port constraints
- SIDE emulation (works with U1MB and SpartaDOS X)
- firmware is upgradeable via SD card
- arrows to navigate the list, with CTRL jump to beginning/end of page/list
- BACKSPACE for parent dir
- ENTER and letters choose item
- TAB to select multiple ATR files (right cart button to cycle them afterwards)
- ESC disables cart and resets Atari
- / for recursive search, use ESC to return to full navigation
- SHIFT-S enables SIDE CCTL registers and resets
Use left cart button to return to file selector (after reset), right cart button resets current cart's bank (also cycles ATR files)
latest firmware is 0014 (changelog)
FJC's SIDE firmware converted to CAR files (one enables SIDE emulation and runs SIDE loader, the other runs SpartaDOS X, use Shift-S to enable SIDE for use with U1MB)
my older collection of CAR test files
Nir Dary's demo of the cart
original post below
I'm currently working on a atari multicart (similar in function to ultimate cart) in order to pick up some new skills (vhdl, pcb routing, ...) and it's probably finally in a state when i can send a few pieces into the world for testing and feedback
It supports .car files up to 1MB (the most common bankswitching types should be supported, i'll be adding new ones as i get hands on some test files for them) and .xex files.
It's housed in a "commodore" shell so it doesn't fit 1200XL (but i've been told it can be used when removed from the shell) and cover on 400/800 can't be closed (shell too tall).
Cart can selfupdate from the sd card so unless something goes terribly wrong there's no need for special hw to update its firmware.
Here's a short video showing the basic functionality
I have currently 3 extra carts built if anyone is interested
Feel free to ask anything and any feedback is welcome.
Edited by tmp, Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:39 AM.